Senior iOS Engineer
You’ll be reporting into the Development Manager and you’ll work in a cross-functional team with the product manager, designer and developers across the region.
You will physically sit with the GoBear Code Unit (GCU), which is our in-house software development team. Attached to the regional team, GCU works closely with the Product Development and Design Teams from Singapore. GCU has their own dedicated, developer-focused office located in District 2, located in a newly renovated villa with attached swimming pool, coffee shop and relaxed atmosphere.
What kind of fun will you get up to at GoBear?
- You’ll be designing, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable iOS code.
- You’ll implement native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques.
- You’ll collaborate within the cross-functional team to understand the requirements and translate designs and wireframes into high quality code with the best possible user experience.
- You’ll diagnose performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations.
- You’ll be accountable for auditing code for security flaws.
- You’ll take ownership of GoBear iOS code under the direction of the tech lead and the architecture team.
- You’ll write functional and unit tests for all your code.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience in application/framework development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of RESTful API’s, OAuth, JSON focusing on integration with back-end services.
- Solid knowledge of architectural approaches (MVC, MVP, MVVM).
- Solid Experience with Objective-C and the iOS SDK (UIKit, Core Data, Core Location, Core Graphics, Core Text, Core Animation etc).
- Familiar with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience debugging and performance tuning iOS applications.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with Agile Development and knowledge on Agile Deployment.
- Passion for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Bonus points for experience with Android, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, NodeJS, VueJS and Kotlin.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience supporting the entire application lifecycle of consumer apps (concept, design, test, integration, publish/release and support) in the Apple App Store.
Sound like you?
- An ideal team player: You’re kind, humble and you thrive in a diverse team.
- A doer: You are detail-oriented. You can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get things done.
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment with ever changing priorities.
- You have a ceaseless drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world.
- You are an expert coach and mentor.
- You’re kind (yes I wrote that twice).
Need more reasons to come and work for us?
You’ll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do – and because we love what we do, we’re fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We’ve got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we’re not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you challenge our processes. We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.
You can expect to receive a bumper pack of GoBear benefits, including Premium Healthcare for international usage, flexibility in working times and remote locations to promote a great work-life balance, an agile working environment and of course, the latest MacBook Pro and 4K monitor!