Reporting directly to the Development Manager, the Front End Developer continuously develops awesome user experience across our user interfaces; working collaboratively with our UX Design, Technical and Product teams.
You will physically sit with the GoBear Code Unit (GCU), which is our in-house software development team. Attached to the regional team, GCU works closely with the Product Development and Design Teams from Singapore. GCU has their own dedicated, developer-focused office located in District 2, located in a newly renovated villa with attached swimming pool, coffee shop and relaxed atmosphere.
What kind of fun will you get up to at GoBear?
- Delivering pixel perfect, contemporary, scalable frontend implementations; Researching and implementing best in class front end standards and frameworks;
- Optimizing, tree shaking and constantly seeking to improve performance and speed;
- Creating processes and implementing technologies that ensure a scalable business, team and architecture;
- Collaborating with Designers, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to deliver engaging user-facing features and sites.
This technology start-up requires an experienced no-nonsense and hands-on Product Owner. We are looking for the following qualifications and skills:
- 3+ years developing web applications
- 3+ years’ experience with JS, jQuery, HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with grid / flexbox front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, SemanticUI, Jeet,Susy etc.
- Experience with Sass / LESS, tree shaking and pre-processing for optimization
- 3+ years’ experience with web API’s, JSON and REST
- Ability to work collaboratively, manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
- Pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile or SCRUM project methodology
- Knowledge of GIT and the Atlassian suite
- Willing to go the extra mile
Sound like you?
- You’re kind
- You have the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear manner
- You’re willing to coach and teach others
- You prefer persuading others through calm, respectful, rational argument
- You are always learning
- You have a hunger for knowledge, discovery and learning new things
- You’re willing to go the extra mile
- You’re kind (yes I wrote that twice)
Need more reasons to come and work for us?
You’ll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do – and because we love what we do, we’re fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We’ve got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we’re not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you challenge our processes. We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.
You can expect to receive a bumper pack of GoBear benefits, including Premium Healthcare for international usage, flexibility in working times and remote locations to promote a great work-life balance, an agile working environment and of course, the latest MacBook Pro and 4K monitor!