Reporting directly to the Chief Architect, you will work closely with Researchers, Product Designers, Product Managers and Software Engineers to deliver scalable, performant and delightful experiences.
You will physically sit with the GoBear Code Unit (GCU), which is our in-house software development team. Attached to the regional team, GCU works closely with the Product Development and Design Teams from Singapore. GCU has their own dedicated, developer-focused office located in District 2, located in a newly renovated villa with attached swimming pool, coffee shop and relaxed atmosphere.
What kind of fun will you get up to at GoBear?
- You will assess and propose scalable, performant technical solutions that ensure a delightful user experience
- You will collaborate and advise in cross-functional design discussions
- You will prototype and create proofs-of-concept for new technologies
- You will optimize relentlessly and foster a culture of experimentation
- You will be responsible for ensuring best practices are used across all of our front-end stack, whether native mobile or web.
- BSc / MSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience building and architecting native mobile applications
- You have 10+ years of hands-on experience building and architecting web applications
- Experience leading and mentoring more junior developers
- Experience building design systems that span applications and technologies
- You are well-versed in Test-Driven Development, and how it applies to front-end technologies
- You have built and delivered to production, as part of your work, a mobile application on either Android or iOS
- You have a keen understanding of the challenges and solutions related to delivering fast, responsive, mobile-first webpages to users over older mobile networks
- You are well-versed in at least one web component framework e.g. VueJS, ReactJS, PolymerJS etc.
- You have deep knowledge of and experience in HTML and CSS, and are opinionated about the tooling and standards surrounding both.
Sound like you?
- You are passionate about user experience
- You inspire technologists and non-technical folks alike
- You are a visionary with a strong affinity for emerging technologies
- You have the gravitas to drive your vision through-out the business, taking everyone on the journey with you
- You make things happen
Need more reasons to come and work for us?
You’ll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do – and because we love what we do, we’re fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We’ve got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we’re not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you challenge our processes. We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.