Dev QA Engineer
You’ll be reporting to the Development Manager and work closely with the QA and DevOps team based in the regional office in Singapore. On a daily basis, you’ll work in cross-functional (two-pizza) teams with a Product Owner, business analysts, designers and engineers.
You will physically sit with the GoBear Code Unit (GCU), which is our in-house software development team. Attached to the regional team, GCU works closely with the Product Development and Design Teams from Singapore. GCU has their own dedicated, developer-focused office located in District 2, located in a newly renovated villa with attached swimming pool, coffee shop and relaxed atmosphere.
What kind of fun will you get up to at GoBear?
As a Software Test Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible of ensuring the quality of the delivery and defining the test strategy for your team;
- Work closely with the business owners and the developers to write the tests;
- Perform UI & functional testing in multiple environments;
- Create and manage bug reports;
- Collaborate with the developers to develop the functional test scripts;
- Code review the test scripts on a sprint-basis;
- Take ownership in execution strategy and analysing execution result, as well as collaborating with relevant people to confirm the test result.
- Work with DevOps to setup & maintain execution jobs based on execution strategy;
- Work with the QA team to align on the quality guidelines and test strategy.
- Bachelor's of Computer Science or similar;
- Solid English communication skills (written and verbal).
You have between 2 to 6 years of experience in:
- Writing and performing test cases;
- Testing web or native app;
- Writing automation tests with Selenium based tools;
- Using Java, Python, Ruby or any other common scripting language;
- HTML5, CSS, jQuery;
- Having experience with CI/CD approach
- Having extensive experience within a SCRUM or Agile software/product development
- Github, Atlassian suite (it’s a plus).
Sound like you?
- You’re kind;
- You can work in team as well as individually;
- You have the attention to details;
- You are always learning- you have a hunger for knowledge and discovery;
- You are always-improving- an acknowledgement that we can always do better, and a willingness to keep seeking the better way;
- You are self-motivated and direct;
- You love to work collaboratively;
- You can effectively communicate issues and propose solutions;
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment with ever changing priorities;
- You are solution driven;
- You are always willing to go the extra mile;
- You’re kind (yes I wrote that twice).
Need more reasons to come and work for us?
You’ll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do – and because we love what we do, we’re fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We’ve got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we’re not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you challenge our processes. We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.
You can expect to receive a bumper pack of GoBear benefits, including Premium Healthcare for international usage, flexibility in working times and remote locations to promote a great work-life balance, an agile working environment and of course, the latest MacBook Pro and 4K monitor!