Backend Engineer (.Net Core)
We’re on a mission
Here at GoBear we’re on a super powerful mission! Our purpose is to improve people’s financial health, so that together we can build more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. By working closely with our partners, we make financial products easier to understand and easier to access based on individual needs. That, in turn, helps people live their lives on their own terms.
We’re looking for people (or bears, as we like to call them) who are charged up by this mission. Obviously, we want our bears to be smart and hard-working but, more importantly, we want bears who love solving problems, working in close-knit teams and coming up with crazy ideas.
If that sounds good, then read on!
Who’s who in the zoo?
You'll be reporting to the Development Manager. You'll also get to hang out with the scrum master and work closely with the product design team and the DevOps team based in the regional office in Singapore.
What kind of fun will you get up to at GoBear?
- You'll build and architect software that will be deployed both in our public - facing website as well as internal line - of - business applications
- You will be expected to focus on building high quality software
- You'll employ software best - practices like Test- Driven Development
- You'll architect and build robust, scalable, API - driven server - side services
- You'll keep track of, and push the boundaries w.r.t new technologies e.g. Serverless Computing, Microservices etc.
- You'll embrace the twelve factors (https://12factor.net/)
- You'll have a good understanding of Object - Oriented programming fundamentals, Software Design and Design Patterns
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in any of the following areas (the more the better):
- Overall 4+ years years in C#, Javascriipt
- Excellent knowledge of .NET Framework and ASP.NET MVC, Web API
- .NET Core is a plus
- You'll have knowledge in entity framework
- You've got a Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related fields
- You'll have good English communication skills (written and verbal)
Does this sound like you?
- You're kind
- You have the ability to communicate complex concepts in an understandable manner
- You have a preference for persuading others through calm, respectful, rational argument
- You are always learning and have a hunger for knowledge, discovery and learning new things
- You are always improving. An acknowledgement that we can always do better, and a willingness to keep seeking the better way
Need more reasons to come and work for us?
You'll get to learn from a multi-cultural team of fin-tech disruptors at one of the fastest growing online brands in Asia. Our work makes us innovative, agile, brave and result-driven but we also just love what we do - and because we love what we do, we're fun to be around (well, we think so anyway). We've got an open and transparent culture so what you see is what you get: we're not cool with office politics. We value freedom and high performance above blindly following processes. In fact, we like it when you can challenge our processes. We also like it when you show curiosity for new ideas that make a difference. And, we love it when you discover practical solutions to tough problems. We give lots of high fives for solving tough problems.