Renting of vehicles overseas

Rental vehicle excess travel insurance is something to look out for when purchasing travel insurance especially if you are planning to go on a self-drive trip.


Self-driving when travelling overseas is fun and allow you to truly experience the country without restriction of time and places of visit. Good thing that the Singapore driving licence is recognised worldwide and allow for the holder to be able to rent a vehicle and self-drive when travelling oversea.


If you are intending to do that, you should make sure that your travel insurance has got your rental vehicle covered too.

Rental Vehicle Excess Cover 

Rental vehicle excess cover is only applicable to the premier travel insurance plans. This excess cover provides protection to the adult insured person if he/she rents or hires a car or a campervan from a licensed rental agency.


The rented vehicle is usually protected and insured by the rental agency with a motor vehicle insurance in their country, however, such insurance may include an excess or deductible which is payable by the person renting the vehicle.


Such excess is payable should the person renting meets an accident. With rental vehicle excess cover included in your travel insurance, your insurer will pay for the excess required for the claim.


So if you are planning to go on a self-driving oversea trip, check and compare the available rental vehicle excess travel insurance plans in Singapore to help get yourself covered for such unforeseen situation.



travel insurance

Compare all travel insurance in Singapore

Why compare at GoBear?

  • Free and unbiased – We cut out the middleman and don’t play favourites with plans.
  • Trusted by your buddies – Reviews and unbiased scores for smarter comparisons.
  • Bang for your buck – Get the latest promotions, great discounts and best deals.
  • Time-saver – Widest travel insurance options. Don’t waste time looking around.
  • Personalised search – Skip the brochure-talk. We get personal.