Overseas Baggage Delay Travel Insurance
When Baggage is Lost in Transit
Overseas baggage delay travel insurance delay provides protection for travellers. Imagine the stress and sense of lost when you arrive at the airport of your travel destination only to find out that your luggage and personal assets did not arrive. It is advisable to always pack a set of clean clothes and your necessary essentials in a hand-carry when traveling, especially when traveling with low cost carrier. Oversea baggage delay could be a very common problem when traveling with low cost or budget airlines.
If your checked-in baggage is delayed or temporarily lost in transit and not returned to you within six consecutive hours after your arrival at the baggage pick-up point of your scheduled destination overseas, travel insurance will usually pay a sum of money for every full six consecutive hours of delays up to the limit payable stated in the policy. Overseas baggage delay usually is covered per claim instead of per luggage or bag delayed.
Obtain Written Confirmation From Carrier
In order for your claim to be approved by your travel insurer, you must obtain and submit together with your claim for overseas baggage delay a written confirmation from your carrier, operator or their handling agents. In the confirmation it should state clearly the reason for the delay and the length of the delay.
Why compare at GoBear?
- Free and unbiased – We cut out the middleman and don’t play favourites with plans. -
- Trusted by your buddies – Reviews and unbiased scores for smarter comparisons. -
- Bang for your buck – Get the latest promotions, great discounts and best deals. -
- Time-saver – Widest travel insurance options. Don’t waste time looking around. -
- Personalised search – Skip the brochure-talk. We get personal. -