Medical Evacuation Travel Insurance
What is Travel Medical Evacuation Insurance?
Travel medical evacuation insurance may include air ambulance, surface ambulance, regular air transportation, railroad or any other appropriate means. Accidents and unforeseen situation happens during travel and result in an injury or sickness which requires you to be move to another location for medical treatment. The evacuation may include air ambulance, surface ambulance, regular air transportation, railroad or any other appropriate means. The decision to evacuate is usually determined by an appointed assistance company by the travel insurer.
Exclusions on Medical Evacuation
There are expenses that are not payable in travel insurance covering medical evacuation. These exclusions may include:
any expenses incurred for services provided by another party
expenses already incurred in the cost of the scheduled trip
expenses for service not approved and arranged by the appointed assistance company
cases of pregnancy unless unexpected complications arise and in no circumstances where you have entered the seventh month of your pregnancy at the beginning of the trip.
Depend on the travel insurance plan and premium, the benefits will vary. Before you decide which travel insurance plan is suitable for you, it is good to do a comparison and read through the coverage and benefits of the policy.
Why compare at GoBear?
- Free and unbiased – We cut out the middleman and don’t play favourites with plans. -
- Trusted by your buddies – Reviews and unbiased scores for smarter comparisons. -
- Bang for your buck – Get the latest promotions, great discounts and best deals. -
- Time-saver – Widest travel insurance options. Don’t waste time looking around. -
- Personalised search – Skip the brochure-talk. We get personal. -