Loss of Travel Documents Travel Insurance
Get a peace of mind when traveling
Loss of travel documents travel insurance provides protection for travellers in time when their travel documents are lost and covers replacement costs. The last thing you want happening is to find that your travel documents are gone and you may be stuck overseas. The time, energy and financial loss that you may face when such a situation happen can be lessen if you have got yourself covered with a travel insurance before you set off overseas.
Travel insurer pays up to a limit stated in their travel insurance for loss of travel documents, and depending on the type of plan you purchased.
When and What is Claimable
If you have lost your travel documents overseas, you may incur cost such as for the replacement of your passports, travel tickets and visa. Other costs that are claimable include additional travel expenses and hotel accommodation incurred whilst overseas to replace your lost travel documents. The loss must be due to either robbery, burglary, theft or Natural Disasters whilst overseas.
Lost of cash, travellers’ cheques or banknotes, due to robbery, burglary, theft, or Natural Disasters is limited to up to a fixed amount as stated in your travel insurance wording. Usually the you will not be allowed to claim fully if you are traveling with large amount of money.
Like all claims, loss of travel document claim must be accompanied by written documentation from the police or such other authorities.
Why compare at GoBear?
- Free and unbiased – We cut out the middleman and don’t play favourites with plans. -
- Trusted by your buddies – Reviews and unbiased scores for smarter comparisons. -
- Bang for your buck – Get the latest promotions, great discounts and best deals. -
- Time-saver – Widest travel insurance options. Don’t waste time looking around. -
- Personalised search – Skip the brochure-talk. We get personal. -