Liberty Travel Insurance
Compare Liberty travel insurance plans against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
Liberty Insurance Singapore is a strategic business unit under Liberty Mutual Insurance Group in Boston. It takes pride in its reputation as a source of insurance products and services with consistency in underwriting policies. Last year, Liberty’s annual consolidated revenue reached US$38.3 billion.
Liberty’s TourCare Plus is a comprehensive travel insurance plan that provides security to any Singaporean who wishes to embark on adventures abroad.
Why should I choose Liberty travel insurance?
Liberty insurance acknowledges how Singaporeans are becoming citizens of the world so quickly the that they engage in frequent traveling. Because of this exciting trend, here are a few reasons why you should choose Liberty travel insurance plans to secure your net flight:
- Double indemnity for road accidents
- Worldwide assistance that can be accessed 24/7 through Helpline at +65 6636 1131
- Waived hospital admission deposit through the liberty China Card in selected hospitals in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Coverage includes flight diversion, flight and baggage delays, and cancellation or postponement of scheduled flights
What privileges do you get from Liberty travel insurance?
TourCare Plus Standard
- Liberty provides double indemnity in case of road accidents
- Up to $15,000 ma coverage on accidental death and permanent disablement following any unintentional injury.
- Maximum of $250,000 benefit per individual for overseas medical expenses
- Up to $15,000 reimbursement of medical costs incurred in Singapore
- Up to $3,000 worth of compassionate foreign visit
- $10,000 maximum hospital daily income benefit for both individual and family plans
- Up to $5,000 per person and $10,000 per family for any instances of trip cancellation and postponement
- $1,000 maximum compensation on baggage delay
- $1,000 maximum repayment on travel delay and flight diversion
- Up to $2,000 worth of reimbursement per family and $1,000 per individual as hijack benefit
- $5,000 for family and $2,000 for individual as maximum benefit in case of kidnapping
- Maximum quarantine allowance of $350 per person and $500 per family in case of infectious diseases acquired during travel
TourCare Plus Supreme
- Up to $300,000 benefit for the insured person in case of accidental death or permanent disablement
- Maximum of $500,000 for medical and hospital expense made overseas as a result of injury or sickness including any treatment made by Chinese Physician or chiropractor
- Up to $50,000 repayment for follow-up treatment within 31 days after return to Singapore
- Up to $10,000 compensation for transportation of a relative or friend on overseas hospital visit if insured person is hospitalized for more than five days
- Maximum if $20,000 repayment to compensate the nonrefundable portion of the trip in case of flight postponement or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances
- Up to $2,000 refund for travel delay. Liberty pays $100 for six consecutive hours of flight delay abroad
- Up to $8,000 worth of benefit for loss of or damage to personal effects and baggage including laptop and golfing equipment
- Maximum of $5,000 allowance for home guard cover. Liberty provides repayment for injury or loss of household contents in Singapore while insured person is on a trip abroad
- Up to $4,000 compensation if the aircraft carrying the protected person is hijacked for more than 12 hours
How do I make a claim?
Claiming for Liberty travel insurance benefits requires the completed, printed and signed Travel Claim Form together with all the supporting documents. All these should be submitted within 30 days from the end of your travel.
- Supporting documents required include a copy of the following:
- Boarding pass
- Specific documents related to your claim. For instance, applications for overseas medical expense may require invoices and receipts from the hospital and doctors who attended to your needs abroad
Moreover, Golf claim requires a different form. You need to fill out the Golf Claim Form to be sent along with medical tax invoices to 51 Club Street Liberty House Singapore 069428.
Claiming for golf-related benefits require the following:
- For loss or damaged clubs, equipment and personal effects – Should include photographs of damaged item, evaluation report from the repairer indicating the cause and extent of damage, receipt and invoice of replacement for the damaged or lost item, quotation for replacement and repair, and police report confirming malicious damage and theft
- For medical expenses – Insured individuals should present the original tax invoices and medical receipts
- For personal liability – You may submit the writ of summon sent by the third party, letter that confirms the incident and letter of demand from the third party
- For personal accident – Personal accidents leading to death can be claimed with a death certificate, proof of the relationship between the claimant and insured, coroner’s findings and autopsy report.
- For permanent disability – Claimant should present the specialist or medical report
- For hole in one – Claims should be supported by letter from the golf club confirming the hole in one, copy of hole in one certificate and original receipts and entertainment bills
What other products does Liberty offer?
Liberty Insurance Singapore has other products you might want to check to secure yourself and your family.
- Personal accident insurance - The PACare Plus provides Free Dependent Child cover when both insured and the spouse travel together.
- Motor insurance – Liberty Insurance has your wheels covered with different insurance options for private car, motorcycle and high-end car. The Privilege Car Insurance allows you to enjoy free use of the 2-liter rental vehicle for five days while your vehicle laid out for repair. You can also get access to complimentary car polish and the Mobile Accident Response Service (MARS)
- Medical insurance – Liberty offers a range of health insurance packages including MyHealth, proMediCare, VitalCare, proMedico, proMedicash and proMedico Plus. VitalCare is one of the newest in this product line which provides worldwide coverage, get-well benefit, complimentary annual preventive health screening and lump sum payout upon diagnosis of cancer.