Hong Leong Group Travel Insurance
Compare Hong Leong Group travel insurance plans against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
HL Assurance is a part of Hong Leong Group – a diversified conglomerate that offers products and services in different sectors including financial and banking services, investments and property development, and hospitality and leisure. Its financial services are distributed through various channels throughout Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and China.
HL Assurance aims to provide quality goods and services. HL’s travel insurance plan, known as Travel Protect360, offers 24-hour global protection, comprehensive cover and extraordinary customer service. Travel Protect360 provides up to $500,000 personal liability benefit on its Basic and Enhanced Plan while $1,000,000 on the Superior travel insurance package.
Why should I choose Hong Leong Group travel insurance?
Hong Leong travel insurance plan known as the Travel Protect360 provides:
- Global protection – Travel Protect360 from Hone Leong Group covers each insured traveller for 24 hours. Wherever you are in the world, you get covered for unexpected events and protected against hassles during your adventures.
- Experience extraordinary – Customer service is a significant factor when it comes to buying an insurance plan. HL Group assures impeccable assistance to make each transaction a memorable and worthwhile experience.
- Free overseas Wi-Fi Promotion – With single trip insurance plans, you get 55% discount and free overseas Wi-Fi voucher. This promotion refers to a 7% discount and one Voucher which can be used along with one off the rental router from Changi Recommends.
- Free airport VIP lounge access – When you sign up for annual travel insurance, you can enjoy access to VIP lounges and get entertained before boarding your flight.
What privileges do you get from Hong Leong Group travel insurance?
Travel Protect360 Basic
- Up to $150,000 reimbursement for medical expenses made abroad
- $3,000 maximum payable benefit for compassionate visit
- $10,000 worth of medical costs incurred in Singapore
- $200,000 maximum repayment for those under 70 years old in case of accidental death and permanent disablement
- $1,000 benefit as payment for the insured person’s outstanding balance on credit cards
- Up to $3,000 cash relief for death due to accident
- Up to $3,000 worth of benefit for loss of baggage and personal effects
- $2,000 maximum repayment on loss of personal travel documents
- $5,000 maximum reimbursement on cancellation of trip and loss of deposit
- Up to $1,000 compensation in case of burglary at insured person's home during travel
- $150 benefit on golfing "Hole in One."
- $500 maximum repayment on rental car excess
Travel Protect360 Enhanced
- $250,000 maximum benefit on overseas medical expenses of insured persons below 70 years old.
- $5,000 maximum allowance for return of minor children to Singapore
- $15,000 maximum foreign hospital cash benefit
- Up to $250,000 repayment for accidental death and permanent disablement of insured person under 70 years old
- $4,000 maximum cash relief in case of death due to accident
- Up to $1,500 benefit as payment to credit card outstanding balance
- Up to $5,000 benefit for loss of baggage and personal belongings or $500 for each article/pair of items and valuables
- $5,000 maximum repayment on trip curtailment
- Up to $3,000 reimbursement on loss or damage of personal documents for travel
- $1,500 maximum benefit on loss of home contents due to burglary within your travel period
- Up to $750 allowance for rental car excess
Travel Protect360 Superior
- Up to $500,000 repayment on medical expenses made overseas by insured persons under 70 years old
- $20,000 maximum allowance on medical expenses incurred in Singapore
- $20,000 maximum cash benefit on hospitalization overseas
- Up to $30,000 benefit for accidental death and permanent disablement for those under 70 years old
- $5,000 maximum cash relief on death caused by accident
- $2,000 cash repayment on credit card outstanding balance
- $7,000 maximum repayment on loss or damage of personal effects and baggage
- Up to $12,000 allowance on cancellation of trip or loss of deposit
- Maximum of $8,000 for trip curtailment
- $2,000 maximum benefit on loss of home contents caused by burglary during the duration of trip
- Up to $1,000 allowance on rental car excess
How do I make a claim?
For claims procedure and documentation, please note that you need to submit the original claim form and all supporting documents within 30 days after returning to Singapore.
- Claim form
- Copy of itinerary
- Proof of travel including boarding pass, passport copy and air tickets
List of Supporting Documents:
- Claims related to a personal accident and other medical and dental expense will need a medical report, medical certificate, original receipts, death certificate, autopsy report, motor accident report and police report. In case of insured individual’s death, the relative should present documentary proof of relationship between deceased and claimant.
- Claims related to loss of baggage and personal effects will require baggage loss and damage report from the airline, written confirmation from the carrier, photos of damaged items and original receipts of lost or damaged personal belongings.
- Claims related to trip cancellation should include a medical report, proof of relationship, written medical certificate, original booking receipt, confirmation of cancellation from the airline and original invoice charges for rebooking or additional tickets.
Other documents may be needed for other types of claims not mentioned above.
What other products does Hong Leong Group offer?
Hong Leong offers a long list of personal insurance plans which include:
- Home contents insurance – Get coverage on renovations, fixtures and fittings for up to $300,000 depending on your plan. Plans can also provide emergency cash allowance of up to $1,000. Home contents insurance also covers loss of money, locks and keys, deterioration of frozen food, accidental breakage of a mirror and fixed glass and removal of debris resulting from damage or loss.
- Car insurance – Hong Leong offers car insurance plans that cover loss or damage to vehicle by theft or fire, car accident repairs, and windscreen repairs. Depending on your plan type, you may also receive up to $1,000 benefit as medical expense compensation to the policyholder, authorized driver and passengers.
- Fire insurance – Fire insurance plans from Hong Leong covers residential premises which are under mortgage finance like private residential apartments, MCST and HDB residential. This insurance provision covers mishaps like an explosion, flood, water discharged from leaking systems, vehicle impact damage, malicious damage, riot and smoke damage.