AXA Travel Insurance
Compare AXA travel insurance plans against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
AXA aims to redefine insurance and come up with policies that make people’s lives better and more secure. It is a company committed to protecting people, leveraging resources and utilising expertise to mould and improve the society. AXA is named as the top insurance provider for work injury compensation and second in motor, health, cargo and engineering.
AXA’s travel insurance plans come with full terrorism cover, high medical coverage, and other benefits that give their customers the peace of mind they deserve
Why should I choose AXA travel insurance?
AXA has curated a unique package of benefits once you purchase its travel insurance plans
- High medical coverage – AXA provides cover of up to $600,000 for accidental dental treatment and medical assistance when traveling abroad.
- Protection for belongings – AXA travel insurance covers damaged and lost belongings with a maximum of $10,000 repayment
- Cover starts before the trip – Yes, insured travelers are covered by personal accident privilege 3 hours before their flights
- Full terrorism cover – Situations that use chemical, nuclear and biological substances are compensated with AXA benefits
- Add-on benefits – As a traveller, you get the chance to choose your add-ons including pet care, sports equipment, golf equipment, rental vehicle excess and safety coverage for home care, hijacking and kidnapping.
- Leisure sports cover – With AXA, you get covered for bungee jumping, sky diving, parachuting and scuba diving.
- Trip curtailment – Receive as much as $20,000 for trip curtailment if you need to skip your trip when undergoing medical treatment overseas.
What privileges do you get from AXA travel insurance?
Comprehensive Travel Insurance:
- Up to $12,000 worth of repayment for trip cancellation
- Maximum of $6,000 refund in case the travel agency undergoes financial difficulty
- $20,000 maximum benefit on trip curtailment
- Maximum of $2,000 compensation in the event of the journey delay or diversion
- Up to $10,000 repayment on damaged or lost baggage and personal belongings
- Up to $5,000 compensation for loss of travel documents and personal money
- Up to $2,000 reimbursement on baggage delay
- Maximum of $500,000 worth of repayments on permanent disablement and accidental death of insured person under 70 years old
- $1,000,000 refund to double transport coverage
- $8,000 maximum tuition grant for each child dependent
- Full Terrorism Cover
- $1,000,000 worth of compensation on personal liability cover
Essential Travel Insurance
- $6,000 maximum payment on trip cancellation
- $10,000 worth of benefit on trip curtailment
- $1,000 compensation for travel diversion or travel delay
- Up to $1,000 benefit on baggage delay
- Up to $5,000 repayment on damaged or lost personal belongings and baggage
- Up to $2,500 on lost travel documents and personal money
- $250,000 highest worth of compensation for accidental death and permanent disablement of insured person under 70 years old
- $4,000 maximum repayment as tuition grant for the insured person’s dependent child
- $5,000 maximum benefit in case of compassionate visit
- Up to $1,000,000 compensation on personal liability
- Full terrorism cover
For both plans, AXA offers cover for loss or damage to sports equipment, rental vehicle excess, and safety including hijacking, kidnap and hostage events and home care benefit.
SmartTraveller insurance features
AXA SmartTraveller has a range of options to cover you and your loved ones, with AXA SmartTraveller, you only pay for what you need with some benefits optional to give you a choice to pick those that are appropriate for your trip.
AXA SmartTraveller travel insurance covers up to S$600,000 for medical and accidental dental treatment while overseas, you get to receive up to $10,000 for lost personal effects and reimbursement to replace the essential items.
For those travelling for leisure amateur sports such as bungee jumping, parachuting, skydiving and scuba diving, SmartTraveller covers these for you too.
How do I make a claim?
AXA allows 30 days from the end of your trip for you to submit claims. In general, here are a few required documents depending on the nature of your claims:
- General section – Certificate of insurance, proof of travel like boarding pass, passport and air ticket
- Personal accident medical, dental and other expenses – All original medical receipts or invoices, admission and discharge reports, death certificate, medical report, accident report, police report and other receipts for additional expenses
- Trip cancellation or curtailment – Copy of flight itinerary, booking invoice with terms and conditions, written confirmation for refund, invoices and receipts for purchasing new tickets and written advice from attending medical practitioner
- Travel delay and other covers – Written confirmation of carrier on the reason and duration of the delay, receipt from the airline on the date and time when the baggage was received, proof of relationship and copy of death certificate, if applicable.
- Study interruption – Copy of death certificate of the family member, copy of hospitalisation bill, proof of tuition fees paid to the educational institution
Other documents may be required depending on your policy. Insured individuals planning for claims should prepare and secure documents and other proofs including receipts, invoices and all types of reports from authorities to back the claims.
What other products does AXA offer?
AXA also offers the following:
- Life insurance – Unexpected contingencies are covered for you and your family when you purchase life insurance plans with AXA. You can also review AXA Life MultiProtect plan with multiplied protection coverage, double indemnity, advance payout upon disability and flexible payment options.
- Health insurance – AXA has prepared different types of health insurance plans like AXA Shield, AXA Family Advantage, GlobalCare Health Plan, InternationalExclusive, SmartCare Exclusive, SmartCare Optimum Enhanced, Mum’s Advantage and Health Cash Plan.
- Car insurance – AXA’s SmartDrive provides essential and vital protection with 24/7 transport and towing assistance. You can also get Daily Transport Allowance benefit and Delivery of Repaired Car to your preferred destination. Ladies can choose SmartDrive for Her designed for lady drivers and comes with roadside support and phone assistance.
- Home insurance – AXA has SmartHome insurance plans that cover fittings, fixtures and renovation. You can also enjoy property insurance, loss of rent or alternative accommodation and full theft cover.