American Express Travel Insurance
Compare American Express travel insurance plans against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
American Express is a worldwide provider of products, experiences and insights ranked 85th among Fortune 500 companies, American Express has $158.9 billion total assets and $32.1 billion total revenue. The company is considered one of the most extensive travel networks in the world offering innovation in the travel insurance sector.
At present, American Express is also the world’s largest card issuer by purchase volume.
Why should I choose American Express travel insurance?
AMEX travel insurance is as essential as your airline and your next destination for the following reasons:
- Affordable yet competitive– AMEX gives the real value for your money with maximum coverage and benefits that allow you to leave your homes with peace of mind.
- Spoilt for choice – Holidays are not the same, and individuals traveling have unique needs, so AMEX tailored a lot of options to customize covers that suit your lifestyle. They offer policies and coverages from golf to winter sports.
- Superior cover and assistance – My VoyageGuard Travel Insurance is made to provide the best expert assistance, so insured individuals can travel with peace of mind
- Excellent service – When your flight is cancelled, or you need to be transported to the nearest medical facility while abroad, you don’t need to worry. American Express extends excellent service to assist you in your needs and ensure that you go back home safe, sound and in good medical and physical condition.
What privileges do you get from American Express travel insurance?
American Express offers three levels of coverage that have different kinds of benefits including personal accident, travel inconveniences and winter sports.
The Essential plan covers your basic needs during travel. At affordable prices, you will enjoy the American Express experience trusted by customers all over the world:
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance wherever you are
- Protection against credit card fraud
- $500,000 worth of overseas medical expenses
- $125,000 cover on permanent disablement and accidental death
The Standard Cover is a combination of high coverage and value. You enjoy the freedom to choose more benefits that suit your needs without spending more. American Express provides coverage for illness, accident, lost baggage, home guard and missed flights. Aside from these, you will also be entitled to the following benefits:
- $5,000 worth of home guard assistance
- $1,000,000 in repayment for medical expenses incurred overseas
- $10,000 for travel cancellation and curtailment
- $5,000 worth of benefit for ski and golf equipment
Superior Coverage is a plan with broad protection worldwide for any avid traveller. With Superior Cover, tourists will expect tailored benefits that are worth the peace of mind you need to enjoy a great holiday!
Here are a few of the benefits you can enjoy:
- $500,000 maximum repayment for cases of accidental death and permanent disablement
- $2,000,000 worth of unexpected dental and medical expenses spent overseas
- $20,000 compensation for travel curtailment or cancellation
- 24-hour assistance for worldwide travel advice and medical emergency
How do I make a claim?
American Express advises its customers to follow these guidelines when applying for claims:
- Claims should be submitted within 30 days after your trip or from the time of arrival to Singapore
- Submit all supporting documents including declarations, receipts, valuations, police reports, medical reports, boarding pass and passport bearing the date of departure and arrival to the country.
- All liability claims should be put in writing. Insured individuals are not required to make any offer or admission.
- Loss of luggage and personal belongings must be reported within 24 hours, and a written acknowledgement should be taken
Essential contact details for claims are as follows:
Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited
138 Market Street
For claims assistance, please call (65) 6299 0922.
(Mondays to Fridays, 9 am – 5 pm. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)
What other products does American Express offer?
Other products offered by American Express are:
- American Express Card – Whether you want cards for personal or corporate use, American Express has prepared corresponding promotions for you to enjoy. You can have the chance to win a pair of Business Class tickets to the Golden Gate City via Singapore Airlines. You can also enjoy attractive overseas Wi-Fi router rates through your American Express Singapore Airlines Credit Card.
- Motor insurance – get maximum protection against loss or damages due to accidents with the SmartDrive motor insurance plan. You can also bene enjoy the windscreen cover at no extra cost. Just make sure you have at least one year of driving experience and are between 21 to 70 years old upon application of the motor insurance plan.
- Personal insurance – The InternationalExclusive plan from American Express provides you with maximum cover on international hospitalisation costs, outpatient and specialist care maternity benefits and more. Whichever program you opt for, you automatically qualify to get access to medical evacuation, foreign medical assistance and dedicated customer service to assist you in your claims.
- Medical insurance – American Express partners with Axa Insurance to provide a global private medical insurance called InternationalExclusive. It offers universal coverage to assist you wherever you are in the world. American express also guarantees that you pay nothing for all approved hospital treatments abroad.