AIG Travel Insurance
Compare AIG travel insurance plans against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd has been operating in Singapore since 1953. As one of the largest providers in the country, AIG offers innovative solutions to satisfy the needs of their individual and corporate clients.
AIG provides local and global products including a cover on auto, home, personal accident, travel, professional liability, marine cargo, employer liability and small business. The company’s vast network of brokers, agents, and schemes have the direct expertise to address your insurance needs.
Why should I choose AIG travel insurance?
AIG has been serving every Singaporean with its original products and services. It has been known as a provider of:
- Strength and capability – With financial strength and risk expertise, AIG could increase per risk property capacity to US$2.5 billion insuring many of the world’s most exceptional companies and more than 20,000 businesses
- Creative and tailored customer experience – AIG doesn’t believe in the principle “one-size-fits-all”. Insurance, for them, is personal and the uniqueness of their products are tailored to suit the needs of every individual.
- Reliable and responsive claims – Claims are urgent and critical, so AIG employs 10,000 industry-leading claims professionals to assist you and ensure that your concerns are addressed on time.
- Value-Added services – AIG adapts to the continuous growth of technology-assisted platforms. It currently operates with client-centric analytics and loss-prevention engineering. AIG utilises advanced analytics to pinpoint loss, reduce cost and improve safety measures. More than 600 risk engineers around the globe are providing a better assessment of natural disasters and security hazards to protect clients against the impacts of these.
What privileges do you get from AIG travel insurance?
Travel insurance with 24-hour assistance
Traveling should be stress-free and fun, that is why you need to find and buy a comprehensive travel insurance plan to protect yourself during travel.
AIG Travel Insurance provides peace of mind when you travel with its 24-hour assistance from ATAP (AIG Travel Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.), AIG’s wholly owned travel assistance company comprising a worldwide team of medical professional and insurance specialists.
AIG travel insurance can be selected from single-trip or annual plan for individual or family. Each program comes with three levels of protection to meet your specific needs. AIG travel insurance also has a plan that is just for students studying overseas.
Travel Guard - comprehensive travel insurance
Travel Guard® lets you journey with confidence by giving you 24-hour assistance and extensive coverage ranging from delayed flights and lost luggage to emergency medical care.
Protection starts even before you leave, with benefits such as trip cancellation cover. You can travel with complete peace of mind, knowing that you have 24/7 access to a dedicated team of multilingual staff, doctors, nurses and security personnel.
It has seven global assistance centers which are strategically located so the team can help you resolve any emergency quickly and efficiently.
Student Assist - complete protection for students overseas
Student Assist is an insurance plan that protects you when you go abroad to study. With comprehensive cover for medical expenses, hospital visits and tuition fees, Student Assist gives you peace of mind and the confidence to pursue your educational aspirations, knowing we’ve got you covered.
How do I make a claim?
Claims are provided to help you get through financial difficulties caused by unforeseen circumstances. Notify AIG within 30 days after the occurrence of the event to validate the claim. You may also check these lists of documents required to support your claims:
For All Claims:
- Copy of passport
- Complete travel itinerary
For Medical Expenses and Additional Expenses:
- Original medical bills and receipts
- Doctor’s memo/medical report/inpatient discharge summary
- Original phone bills (for Emergency Telephone Charges benefit)
For Personal Accident Benefits (where applicable):
- Death certificate
- Medical reports, autopsy and toxicology report
- Police report and findings on the alleged accident
- Copy of grant of probate/letter of administration
- Child’s birth certificate (for Child Education Grant Benefit)
For Reimbursement of Cancellation/Postponement/Curtailment/Disruption:
- Booking confirmation/original invoice
- Letter of refund
- Medical report/memo from the doctor advising the fitness to travel
- Copy of the death certificate (where applicable)
- Proof of relationship to Insured
- Proof of unused entertainment ticket/frequent flyer points (for Disruption Benefit)
For Loss/Theft of Money/Fraudulent Credit Card Usage:
- Hotel/police report/relevant authorities
- Written bank confirmation (for Fraudulent Credit Card Usage Benefit)
- Bank investigation result
For Loss of Travel Documents:
- Police report
- Original transportations and accommodation receipts in obtaining replacement travel documents
- Original receipts for replacement/temporary travel documents
For Loss/Theft/Damage of Personal Effects:
- Property irregularity report/hotel/police report/relevant authorities
- Original purchase receipts
- Original repair receipts/quotations
- Compensation letter from airline/hotel/any other parties
For Travel Delay:
- Airline letter on the flight delay
- Travel itineraries and boarding pass
For Baggage Delay:
- Property irregularity report
- Acknowledgement receipt on date and time baggage received
- Travel itineraries and boarding pass
For Personal Liability Abroad:
- Third party details involved in the incident
- Details of any solicitor you have engaged
- All correspondence received from any third party or their representatives
- Original receipts
For Car Rental Excess Charges:
- Car rental agreement
- Damage report
- Original final repair bill and receipt
What other products does AIG offer?
AIG is your ally for your insurance needs. The wide-range of products offered include:
- Car insurance – Get full comprehensive protection with AIG car insurance plans. Choose from AutoPlan, AutoPlus and AutoValue. With AutoPlan, you can choose the workshops to handle repairs. The AutoValue plan allows you to select authorised workshops and cover your basic insurance needs. Finally, AutoPlus car insurance plan extends to providing benefits against loss of use car replacement and 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Personal accident and health insurance – AIG PROHealth and Sapphire Enhanced are two comprehensive plans that cover you in times of accident or illness. Sapphire Enhanced allows add-on for optional benefits and four different choices of coverage.
- Home insurance – AIG also offers Homes Advantage Package, Enhanced Public Housing Contents, Premier Client Solutions, Homes Advantage, Homes Complete and Public Housing Protection Plan. You can enjoy premium home cover with up to $1 million repayments on worldwide personal liability.