UOB Home Loan
Compare UOB home loans against offers from other leading home loan providers in Singapore
About the provider
The United Overseas Bank, or UOB, is a Singaporean multinational banking conglomerate founded in the country in 1935 by Wee Kheng Chiang. The bank was known as the United Chinese Bank, to emphasise its focus on the Fujian community in Singapore, since its foundation until 1965, when the company adopted its current name.
The bank offers services such as the UOB home loan, among other UOB loan, credit card, savings, and financial services.
UOB operates a network of more than 500 offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Western Europe and North America, including significant operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and China.
Why should I choose UOB home loan?
UOB home loan packages come with the best reasons why you should apply for your dream home now:
- Get the exact amount of loan you need. With UOB home loan, you can apply for up to 80% of the new or resale HDB flat’s purchase price or the value of the new home you want whichever is lower.
- Apply for bridging loan while waiting for the proceeds of your existing property’s sale. The bridging loan can be used as down payment for your new home.
- UOB has attractive interest rates including fixed-rate, floating rate or a combination of one or two rates.
- Bridging loans come with preferential interest rates subject to the bank’s terms and conditions.
What benefits does UOB home loan provide?
UOB home loan plans
The UOB housing loan is available in six offerings, four of which are specifically for owner-occupied property transactions. The loans that are for people buying a new home are Private Home Loan, HDB Home Loan, Home Loan for Foreigners, and Home Construction Loan.
The other types of UOB mortgage loan that are intended for other purposes are the Commercial Property Loan (for purchasing a place to build a business in) and the International Property Loan (for people in Singapore who want to buy property in Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, Australia, or United Kingdom.
For the four loans that are intended for buying a new home, the maximum financing that the UOB home loan will grant is 80% of the value of the property linked to the investment.
On its website, UOB offers a UOB home loan calculator, where you can estimate the amount of monthly payment that you should make when you secure a home loan from the bank, regardless of the offer you secured.
Depending on the home loan type, the UOB home loan interest rate can be arranged based on your preferences and individual qualifications. Depending on what option is made available on each home loan type, you can choose from fixed-rate, floating-rate or SIBOR*-pegged arrangements.
For more information on the UOB interest rate on home loans, you may explore GoBear Singapore.
*SIBOR, or the Singapore Interbank Offered Rate, is a daily reference rate that fluctuates based on the interest rates that banks set when they lend unsecured funds to other banks in the Singapore wholesale money market.
UOB home loan: Private Home Loan
The Private Home Loan is available for borrowers who will either buy private residential property or upgrade to a bigger property. This can also be used to refinance an existing home loan.
UOB home loan: HDB Home Loan
This loan option can be chosen if you are purchasing a new Housing Development Board of Singapore (HDB) flat, whether new or resale.
The option is made available even to households who own private property, earn more than S$8,000 per month, are not upgrading to a bigger flat, or have qualified for HDB Concessionary Loans.
UOB home loan: Home Loan for Foreigners
This home loan is open to foreigners who want to buy residential properties in Singapore, either for investment or residential use. Repayment terms for this loan can be up to 35 years or until the borrower is 75 years old, whichever is earlier.
UOB home loan: Home Construction Loan
This loan option, which can also be considered as a UOB renovation loan, is available to people who are either building a new home or renovating a new or current property.
Once renovation or construction is complete, and upon the issuance of a temporary occupation permit allowing you to stay in your newly built/renovated property, this loan will transform into a UOB home loan.
How do I apply for a UOB home loan?
Here are several ways you can apply for UOB home loan:
- Submit your online application here
- Download and fill out the application form then fax to UOB through the following numbers: 65326087 or 6532 7898
- Photocopy of Identity Card.
- CPF Statement of Account.
- Sales and Purchase Agreement, where applicable.
- Option for Sale, where appropriate.
- Statement of CPF withdrawn under Public Housing Scheme
- And six month's loan accounts (for refinancing cases).
- Latest income payslip on security paper/ IR8A/ Income Tax Assessment.
- Latest two years' Income Tax Assessment.
- Valuation Report, where applicable.
- Income Tax assessment.
- Additional Document for UOB RenoPlus (Renovation Loan):
- Contractor's quotation.
What other products does UOB offer?
UOB has several other products you can consider:
- KidSmart Program – A 2-step approach to discover and polish your kid’s potentials. UOB prepared the KidSmart Program as a financial solution to planning your child’s future.
- UOB cards – For UOB, there is a card for everyone. Get miles, rebates and rewards. Choose from UOB One Card, UOB Yolo Card, UOB Lady’s Card and UOB PRVI miles card.
- Income builder – UOB Income Builder, is a risk-first approach that provides regular income and stable returns. The Income Builder is composed of funds from BlackRock, J.P.Morgan Asset Management, Schroders, Fidelity International and UOB Asset Management.
- Internet banking – UOB takes pride of its responsive design that fits every screen choice. You can pay your bills to about 400 billing companies and expect your bank statements to be electronically available for five years of subscription.