Standard Chartered Credit Cards
Compare Standard Chartered credit cards against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
Standard Chartered has a revenue share of US$14.6 billion as of 2015. It serves in consumer, corporate and investment banking, offers credit cards and functions in wealth management. It is primarily listed in London Stock Exchange and has a rich history of more than 150 years.
Standard Chartered Singapore has a network of 18 branches and 32 ATMs. It offers a range of VISA and MasterCard Standard Chartered credit card and debit cards.
Why should I choose Standard Chartered credit cards?
Standard Chartered Bank has prepared everything for you to savor the best about having a credit card!
- 360° Rewards Program – The Standard Chartered 360° gives the maximum benefit for every point you earn. As you pile up to 93,600 points, you can redeem either $400 worth of shopping voucher or 37,000 air miles equivalent to a return ticket to Hong Kong.
- Fund Transfer – Save more when you transfer cash at 0% interest rate per annum with a processing fee of 1.99%. Standard Chartered allows you to move funds to any bank account, pay credit card bills and pay loan acquired from other banks.
- Easy Pay – Using Standard Chartered credit card can let you pay and manage your bills with its EasyPay installment plan. Retail purchases can be divided into fixed repayments, so there is no harm in the shopping, traveling, and paying for insurance premiums with your credit cards.
- Recurring payment plan – Consolidating bills can be as easy as learning your alphabet with Standard Chartered recurring payment plan. It provides greater convenience as you can pay online without queuing. You can even consolidate all your bills in one credit card statement.
What privileges do you get from Standard Chartered credit cards?
Below a few of them are listed under most suitable functions:
Standard Chartered Spree Credit Card is the appropriate card to use for online and retail shopping. For an annual fee of S$192.60, it offers 3% cashback on online spends in foreign currency, and all vPost spends. Online spends in local money as well as contactless and mobile payments will earn the consumer 2% cashback.
What’s even better is that the card offers Online Price Guarantee, where consumers can shop carefree knowing that they will get a refund of 50% of the price difference if they find a lower price for the same item within 30 days of online purchase.
On application for the credit card, the consumer is offered up to S$138 cashback, withstanding terms and conditions.
Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card offers a variety of reward programs that provide rebate and cashback on many types of purchases. For an annual fee of S$180, it offers a reward system called 360 Rewards.
This earns 1 point for each S$1 spent, and a scope of earning up to S$138 cashback. It also offers promotions from The Good Life reward system. This includes discounts on spa services, nail and hair salons, and on hotel rooms in Singapore and Malaysia.
Spree cardmembers get to earn 2% cashback on all contactless and mobile payments. Cardmembers can receive up to $60 cashback per month with no minimum spend required. Enjoy exciting card offers and privileges at over 3,000 outlets in Asia from dining offers to shopping, travel and lifestyle benefits.
Standard Chartered Xtra Saver debit card comes with NETS and MasterCard privileges. Savings on petrol are also offered. Cardmembers can look forward to up to 15% cashback on petrol on purchase of petrol, as a supplement to already existing discounts on all petrol service stations in Singapore and Malaysia that accept EMV compliant MasterCards.
Standard Chartered’s Visa Infinite Credit Card is a credit card designed to keep enthusiastic flyers in mind. As a welcome gift, new-to-bank card applicants can choose between 35,000 mles or 15,000 miles and a 28” Samsonite Lite-Shock Spinner (worth $950). Till 31 March 2018, cardmembers will enjoy 10% cashback for all Uber rides worldwide up to S$400 a year.
The card comes with an annual fee of S$550, excluding GST. The benefits of the card include 1.4 air mile on every S$1 spent locally, and 3 air miles on every S$1 spent overseas. The air miles do not expire.
The credit card offers up to S$1,000,000 in complimentary travel insurance, when the entire travel fare of the trip is charged on the card. The Priority Pass lounge program provides the consumer with up to six annual complimentary visits to over 850 airport lounges in more than 400 cities worldwide, with the card holder’s guests.
How do I apply for Standard Chartered credit cards?
Standard Chartered Bank has listed the following criteria for eligibility:
- Applicants should be 21 to 65 years old
- Permanent and Singaporean residents should have a minimum annual income of $30,000 while foreigners should be earning around $60,000
- Foreigners must be holders of Q, P1 or P2 Singapore employment passes
- Q pass holders should have passes valid for a minimum of one year.
- Salaried applicants should submit a copy of NRIC, Passport, employment pass, latest computerized payslip, most recent CPF contribution history for six months and latest income tax notice assessment.
- Self-employed individuals should present a copy of latest income tax notice of assessment indicating that business has been existing for at least two years
- Individuals earning on commission basis should submit most recent three months’ payslip, copy of income tax notice of assessment
What other products does Standard Chartered offer?
Standard Chartered makes earning, saving and growing your financial assets an easy venture through the following products:
- Loans and Mortgages – You can choose from various loans including property loan, home loan, and personal loan. Standard Chartered CashOne is an individual loan package that allows you to borrow up to 4x your monthly income. Rates are charged for as low as 6.88% per annum. Once approved for CashOne, you get up to $1,088 cashback and additional $50 cashback when the application is made online, plus an additional $199 credit to offset the first-year annual fee.
- Investments – Unit trusts, premium currency investment, structured deposits, secured wealth lending and insurance savings plan are different ways to invest with Standard Chartered Bank. You can enjoy using premium investment tools for online trading and access the latest market insights to enhance your chances of grabbing the best online opportunities.
- Insurance – Standard Chartered Bank offers health, insurance savings plan, children’s education, retirement, legacy, mortgage protection insurance plans. You can also get covered for travel, car and personal accidents. Standard Chartered travel insurance plans provide up to 43 travel benefits and 24/7 medical assistance.