OCBC Credit Cards
Compare OCBC credit cards against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
OCBC Bank was founded in 1932 and is now considered as the longest established commercial bank in Singapore. OCBC was recognised for its financial strength and is now known as the second largest economic group in Southeast Asia in terms of assets. It offers a broad array of commercial banking products, wealth management services, insurance, treasury and stock broking services.
Among its 610 branches worldwide, OCBC dominates the markets in Singapore, Indonesia, Greater China and Malaysia. OCBC appoints Great Eastern Holdings as its insurance subsidiary, with the latter considered as the most established insurance group in Malaysia and Singapore.
There is a range of OCBC credit cards with unique features. OCBC’s FRANK card is designed for tertiary students, OCBC Art Enthusiast card focuses on rebates for indulging in growing the local art scenes via SISTIC and multiple art outlets. OCBC Voyage Card is the first metal card that redeems flying points on all flights, empowering the wanderlust in you.
Why should I choose OCBC credit cards?
OCBC is your credit card of choice if you want to enjoy numerous rewards and promotions which include:
- $50 Cashback – With OCBC, it is easy to earn $50. You just have to apply and get approved for both OCBC Titanium Rewards and Cashflow Credit Card. No minimum spends required and no other complex conditions. Apply online and earn this tempting reward.
- Save interest on balance transfer – You can convert the remaining limit on your credit card into cash without paying interest charges. This OCBC 0% balance transfer privilege applies to customers who are 21 years old and above with an annual income of no less than $20,000
- Upgrade your credit limit – Increase your credit limit to suit your lifestyle requirements. Check the income update form, fill it out then mail to Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited or fax to +65 68307917.
- Shop and enjoy no- interest installments – OCBC lets you purchase from more than 1,000 outlets across Singapore without having to pay for interest charges when you opt for the available installment options. Just make sure the total purchase does not exceed your credit limit when you buy from different merchants tied up with this privilege.
- Convert credit limit to extra cash – If you are an OCBC customer who is 21 years old and above, then you can convert your balance to credit limit into cash. This privilege comes with fixed repayments to better allow you in managing your finances with ease.
What privileges do you get from OCBC credit cards?
OCBC Credit Card - Shopping Privileges
This Visa Platinum credit card affords up to 3% discount on the Popular bookstore. At Fair Price, OCBC Plus! The card offers 10% discount on all purchases. Many more attractive deals are afforded on this credit card.
However, OCBC 365 Credit Card offers 3% cashback on all supermarkets island wide. And also, it offers 3% cashback on all online spending which includes travel expenses, fashion spending, and entertainment usage. This doesn’t include telephone or mail order purchases though.
OCBC Credit Card - Entertainment Privileges
OCBC Titanium MasterCard offers a host of benefits ranging from travel to golf, to entertainment. On the website Qoo10, this credit card offers a bundle of S$40 worth of coupons upon first time purchase.
OCBC Art Credit Card is an exclusive card for art scene enthusiasts. It too offers the S$40 coupons on Qoo10. Additionally, this MasterCard credit card offers priority booking for shows by W!LD RICE, The Theatre Practice, Ding Yi Music, Singapore Dance Theatre, Singapore Lyric Opera etc. It also provides OCBC$, collective currency offered by the bank; every $S1 spent on SISTIC bookings earns up to 3 OCBC$.
OCBC FRANK credit card offers up to 5% entertainment rebate. A 5% rebate is being provided from Friday to Sunday, and 3% during the rest of the week at bars, cinemas, KTVs, clubs and selected cafes.
OCBC Credit Card - Dining Privileges
OCBC’s 365 Visa Credit Card comes with a host of privileges. For culinary enthusiasts, the credit card offers 6% cashback on dining over the weekend, island wide. This cashback is not applicable to country clubs. However, the card offers 3% cashback on expenditure on dining overseas.
OCBC Credit Card- Petrol Privileges
OCBC 365 Credit Card offers savings on spending on fuels and other services available at petrol stations. At outlets like Esso and Caltex, you can expect to save up to 18.3% on expenditure on petrol. And an additional 5% cashback is offered on other services and products available at the said exclusive petrol service stations. The cashback is, however, capped at S$80 per month. The same saving, with other features, is also offered on OCBC Plus! Credit Cards.
OCBC Credit Card- Dining Privileges
OCBC offers two separate credit cards for travel enthusiasts. OCBC Voyage Card earns up to 2.3 miles on the card when S$1 is spent in foreign currency or for every dollar spent on local dining. It spans over all airlines, all year round the year. The feature that trumps over Titanium Card is the transferable miles to friends and family. Also, the miles are for a lifetime, never expiring.
OCBC Titanium Credit Card offers up to 2 air miles on international expenditure and up to 1 air mile on local spending. The card provides special privileges exclusively in Seoul and Incheon Airport.
How do I apply for OCBC credit cards?
Applying for OCBC credit cards is easy. All you need to do is check these eligibility requirements and fees:
- Applicants should be 21 years old and above with an annual income of $30,000 and above for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents while $45,000 for foreigners.
- Principal cardholders will enjoy free membership for the first two years and $192.60 for the succeeding years.
- OCBC Titanium credit card can be acquired free of annual fee when you spend a minimum of at least $10,000 per year starting from the credit card’s date of issue.
- Credit card holders will be charged $80 late repayment fee when bills are not settled as per due date.
- Cash advance fee will be equivalent to 6% of the amount withdrawn
What other products does OCBC offer?
OCBC customers can enjoy more financial products aside from credit cards. Here are a few offers you can consider:
- Loans - With OCBC, you can enjoy the perks of cash loans, debt consolidation plan, car financing, study loans and secured overdraft. The bank also provides home loan for refinancing and new purchase. You can also check the terms for a renovation loan, overseas property and construction loans.
- Insurance – OCBC insurance plans get you covered with up to $50,000 repayment on personal accident with AutoWise car insurance. You can also get protected for child education, travel, home contents, mortgage, accident, health, life and wealth transfer insurance plans.
- Investments – There are a lot of reasons why you should invest with OCBC. You can compare, sell, monitor and buy trusts that can be managed with an easy-to-use online platform. You can grow your money with treasury products like dual currency returns, government securities and structured deposits.