HSBC Credit Cards
Compare HSBC credit cards against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
Founded in March 1865 in Hong Kong, HSBC has grown into one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world. It provides services such as consumer or corporate banking, private banking, investment banking, mortgage loans, wealth management, credit cards, finance and insurance. It has offices and ATMs located all over Singapore. HSBC offers both HSBC credit card and debit cards under personal banking with dining, entertainment and travel privileges. It offers cards such as the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, HSBC Revolution Credit Card, etc.
Why should I choose HSBC credit cards?
HSBC gives you a lot of reasons on why you should be a HSBC credit card holder. Beyond the privileges entailed with each card, HSBC allows you to manage your finances and organize your cash flow through the following benefits:
- Cash installment plan – Easy cash access from your credit card with attractive interest rates, hassle-free application and fixed monthly repayment terms. Upon approval of your application, you get to choose from a range of loan repayment tenors for as low as 0% per annum
- Balance transfer – Transfer your credit card balances to your new HSBC credit card. Customers who get approved from $10,000 and above will no longer have to pay for the upfront processing fee
- Balance conversion plan – Your HSBC credit card allows you to divide your purchases into smaller installments. Use your card when paying for car downpayment, online shopping, electronic gadgets, tour packages and air tickets then request for installment schemes with one-time processing fee.
- Tax payment program – Get rewards when you pay income taxes and consolidate the payments in one account using your HSBC credit card
- Preferential rates and rewards - HSBC makes it easy for anyone to get be a the HSBC advance credit card Advance banking customer to enjoy preferential pricing for banking and wealth management products. You also get better cashback rates with the HSBC Advance Visa Platinum credit card. All you need is at least $3,500 salary / reoccurring crediting per month and have applied for / hold a HSBC credit card.
What privileges do you get from an HSBC credit card?
HSBC Credit Card - Petrol Privileges
HSBC offers rebates at Shell and Caltex all over the country. HSBC-Shell Escape Program gives up to 18.8% instant discount for your HSBC credit cards and up to 5% cash rebates for HSBC Visa Platinum credit cardholders on the purchase of petrol. Caltex offers up to 16% instant discount for your HSBC credit cards and up to 5% cash rebate for HSBC Visa Platinum credit cardholders on charging petrol purchases all over the island.
HSBC Credit Card - Entertainment Privileges
HSBC Advance Visa Platinum credit card rewards you with a maximum of 3.5% cashback on all kinds of purchases with no required minimum spend. You can also look forward to 5X Rewards Points with your HSBC Revolution Card when you visit pubs, clubs and bars, etc.
HSBC Credit Card - Travel Privileges
HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card offers up to 2.25 air miles on every S$1 spent overseas, and up to 1.25 air miles for every S$1 spent locally. Other benefits include:
Enjoying the luxury of travel with complimentary limousine transfer to Changi Airport and skip the queue with expedited immigration clearance. You can even travel in comfort while waiting for departure with unlimited access to over 700 airport lounges worldwide.
Enjoy infinite travel and lifestyle concierge services such as helping you making flight or hotel bookings, or recommending dining options, and savor holistic spa experience to health and well-being at ESPA at Resorts World Sentosa.
You can also reward yourself with great miles accumulation of 2 miles per dollar spend with your HSBC Revolution Card when you make your online flight or hotel bookings. Shopping has never been this rewarding with 10x HSBC rewards from selected merchants like Diesel, Dsquared2, Max Mara and TUMi among others.
All card holders enjoy 50% off on Swissotel Hotels and Resorts on the second room of occupancy and complimentary breakfast upon charging the hotel to their HSBC Card.
Additionally, Agoda.com offers extra 7% discount for HSBC Premier MasterCard, HSBC Visa Infinite Cards, HSBC Advance and Visa Platinum Credit Card and HSBC Visa Signature credit card holders. HSBC Gold and Classic card holders enjoy 5% discount on online purchases when charged to their cards.
HSBC Credit Card - Dining Privileges
HSBC dining privilege allows you to savor the best of Italian cuisine at leading Italian restaurants across Singapore where participating restaurants will be refreshed every three months to pamper your taste buds. All with a 15% discount from the a la carte bill as well as 20% off monthly wine pairing dinners.
HSBC Revolution Card stands out in this field with 2 miles points earned with every dollar spend in local dining transactions, on top of travel booking, entertainment, and online shopping transactions.
How do I apply for HSBC credit cards?
Depending on the credit card you are applying for, HSBC has enlisted a few essential requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants must be 21 years old and above
- Applicants must have $30,000 minimum income per year. Self-employed individuals and foreigners must be earning $40,000 and more per annum to qualify
HSBC may also issue credit cards to an applicant who shall make a minimum deposit of $10,000 as security if income documents do not meet the above criteria. HSBC will further grant a credit limit of not more than 50% of the deposited amount.
What other products does HSBC offer?
HSBC offers almost all financial products you could ask for aside from credit cards. The company also provides the following:
- Insurance plans – HSBC grants premiums for the first 15 years and protection for a lifetime. You can apply for plans that cover term protection, mortgage repayment protection, critical illness, investment-linked packages, accident and health, motor and car, home and travel insurance.
- Investments – Let your money grow with HSBC investments products and services that include unit trusts, bonds, treasury products and securities trading.
- Loans – Whether you are looking for debt consolidation or personal line of credit, HSBC has packages that suit your needs. You can either enjoy cash up to 6 times your salary or let the bank consolidate your balances from other lenders at flexible repayment schemes