DBS Credit Cards
Compare DBS credit cards against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) is a multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Singapore. It has market-dominant positions in consumer banking, treasury and markets, asset management, securities brokerage, equity and debt fund-raising in Singapore and Hong Kong.
In Singapore, DBS provides personal banking and an array of DBS credit cards and debit cards such as DBS Woman’s MasterCard card, and specific cards such as DBS Takashimaya Card, DBS NUS Alumni Card, DBS Esso Card. Debit cards such as SAFRA DBS Debit Card, Passion POSB Debit cards and others are also a preferred choice in the country.
Why should I choose DBS credit cards?
DBS credit cards are teeming with rewards and card services to help you iron out financial issues in case of emergencies. Here are a few perks that await you:
- Temporary credit limit increase – Increase your credit limit through advance payment scheme and cover unexpected events like wedding, travel, compassionate visits and hospitalization.
- Borrow from your credit card – Get a chance to borrow up to your available credit limit on your DBS credit card with fixed interest rate for as low as 6.99% per annum and monthly installments from 12-60 months. Much more, no documents required when you withdraw cash directly to your deposit account.
- Affordable payment plans – Credit card holders can split their bills conveniently at 0% interest with flexible payment options of 3, 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.
- Reinstatement of suspended accounts – DBS reinstates deferred unsecured credits or credit cards through a free online application.
- Cash advance – Get instant cash to meet emergency financial situations through iBanking, DBS/POSB ATM or any DBS/POSB branch in Singapore.
- Pay other bank’s credit cards – Enjoy the convenience, simplicity, and security when paying your credit card balances from other banks with your DBS credit card for free.
- Enjoy featured rewards – With your DBS credit cards, you enjoy exclusive privileges and deals with DBS Lifestyle. Check out the list of merchants deals via DBS Lifestyle.
What privileges do you get from DBS credit cards?
Earn more points with DBS Altitude Card
If you are looking for the fastest way to earn points and fly anywhere, then the DBS Altitude Card is the right one for you. DBS rewards offer 3 miles for online transactions capped at $5,000 each month. Use your Altitude card to book your hotel and flight with Singapore Air, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways and Agoda. You can even enjoy up to 10 miles per dollar spend with online travel partners like Expedia and Kaligo.
Party All Night Long with DBS Fresh Card
DBS credit cards will let you experience entertainment privileges and everything fresh through the Live Fresh card that provides 5% cashback for online shopping or using the VISA payWave through your card, Samsung Pay, Android Pay or Apple Pay. Simply spend a minimum of S$600 in a calendar month to receive up to S$60 cashback.
Savor Amazing Black Benefits with DBS Black Card
Shopping is the new black showered with huge rewards and entertainment privileges from DBS! Join the black wagon from now till 31st December 2017 as DBS Black Card offers 5% cashback when you shop in-store for clothes, bags, shoes, jewellery and watches, and at department stores with a minimum spend of S$700 and receive up to S$70 cashback.
You can also earn 3X DBS Points per S$5 spent on local Visa payWave purchases. Just tap and pay using your Card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay. Get 1X DBS Point per S$5 spent on all other purchases. Don’t forget to check out DBS Lifestyle for the hottest designer labels and latest cafes.
How do I apply for DBS credit cards?
Before you can enjoy the perks of any DBS credit card, you need to comply with the following application checklist:
- Applicants should be more than 21 years old
- Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents should have a minimum annual income of S$30,000 while foreigners should have at least S$45,000 salary per year.
- Applicants who do not have current DBS or POSB accounts should present copies of utility or telecommunication bills
- Foreigners should also present a valid passport, Employment Pass, latest computerized pay slip and company letter certifying employment and salary.
- Singaporean citizens and permanent residents should submit a copy of NRIC, latest 12 months CPF contribution, most recent income tax notice of assessment, latest three months computerized pay slip and salary crediting personal DBS/POSB account number.
- Student applicants should be existing students from NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, SIM, Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, SIT, Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic or Republic Polytechnic. They should submit a copy of NRIC, student matriculation card, parent’s or guardian’s NRIC, proof of legal guardianship and passport.
What other products does DBS offer?
DBS is your one-stop shop for financial products as it also offers:
- Insurance – Home insurance, travel insurance and personal accident plans can be acquired from DBS.
- Loans – DBS provides financing plans like home loans, personal loans, car loans, education loans and secured financing. DBS loans offer 1.99% interest rate per annum when you sign up for a car loan online. You can also enjoy 1.40% fixed rate per annum when you get approved for home loans.