CIMB Credit Cards
Compare CIMB credit cards against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
CIMB Group is a universal bank headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, operating in high growth economies in ASEAN. CIMB Group is an indigenous ASEAN investment bank and one of the world's largest Islamic banks.
CIMB has an extensive retail branch network with 1,080 branches across the region. It offers products such as consumer banking, corporate banking, investment banking, Islamic banking, asset management, and insurance & Takaful. It provides various Visa and MasterCard credit cards under their banking product. CIMB credit card includes CIMB Platinum MasterCard, CIMB Visa Signature card, etc.
Why should I choose CIMB credit cards?
CIMB credit cards provide a lot of reasons why you should apply for one.
- 0% interest Pay Plan – You can get interest-free installments when you buy and opt for 5, 10 or 20 months while keeping your rebate and other rewards. You will not only reduce the burden of paying for expensive purchases in a single transaction. CIMB lets you spread out the cost without having to worry about interest charges.
- CashLite – CIMB credit card holders take the privilege of getting extra cash to resolve financial emergencies. Better than waiting for loan applications to be approved, CIMB CashLite is a fuss-free loan package with flexible tenures. You can withdraw cash amounting to 80% of your credit limit.
- Promotions – Year-round promotions await CIMB customers. You can have up to $100 cash credit when you apply for any of those CIMB credit cards until December 31, 2017. All you need to do is activate your card and make a minimum purchase of $300 to take home up to $100 cash credit.
What privileges do you get from CIMB credit cards?
CIMB travel privileges
CIMB offers a range of travel privileges in the region. 20% discount is being provided in Le Meridien Malaysia exclusively for all CIMB Bank cardmembers. A 10% discount is offered on available room rate package in Ibis Hotel Singapore, withstanding terms and conditions, so all CIMB card holders.
Credit cards such as CIMB Platinum card that offers a 10% cash rebate on purchase of flight tickets and hotel stays on the credit card, among other benefits.
CIMB shopping privileges
Along with golf, dining, and travel privileges, CIMB also offers shopping benefits. All CIMB cardholders enjoy 10% off regular-priced products at AHAVA – dead sea minerals and Complimentary AHAVA lifetime membership with a minimum spend of S$80, terms and conditions withstanding.
And an exclusive offer at Atlantic Optical, where CIMB cardholders receive 25% off prescriptive eyewear and sunglasses, 10% discount on disposable contact lenses, terms and conditions withstanding.
This comes beside the 2% international and 1% local cash rebate, on all spending made on CIMB Visa Infinite Card and CIMB World MasterCard.
CIMB entertainment privileges
All CIMB World MasterCard holders enjoy the opportunities of the golfing experience. Customers can golf at Jurong Country Club, Keppel Club, Orchid Country Club, Raffles Country Club and many other clubs in Singapore without paying the green fees.
In Malaysia, this offer is valid in clubs like Bukit Kemuning Golf & Country Resort, Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club, Glenmarie Golf & Country Club, Impian Emas Golf & Country Club etc.
CIMB dining privileges
CIMB dining privileges are many. Including 105 discounts on restaurants like Hai Tien Lo, at the Pan Pacific Singapore, Antionette Restaurant, Absinthe Restaurant, BRIDGE Restaurant & Bar, and a much more, withstanding terms and conditions.
It also offers cards like CIMB Visa Signature card that provides 10% cash rebate on all wining and dining products all over the island, when charged to the credit cards.
How do I apply for CIMB credit cards?
To apply for CIMB credit cards, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Singaporean citizens and residents should have at least $30,000 in total income per annum.
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent residents more than 55 years old should have at least $15,000 income per annum
- Those applicants who do not meet the salary requirement should provide $10,000 as fixed deposit collateral
- Principal and supplementary cardholders should submit a photocopy of the NRIC or passport
- Salaried employees should present the latest computerized pay slip or CPF contribution, history of payment for the last 12 months,
- Self-employed individuals should provide a copy of the income tax notice assessment for the previous two years and bank statement for the last three months
- Variable income earner or commissioned applicants should also submit income tax notice of assessment or CPF for the last two years.
Note that same day approval applies to those who ask through www.cimbbank.com.sg. Make sure you submit documents with completed application form. Same-day approval privilege is not applicable to previous or existing CIMB credit card holder and those presented through different channels like Let Us Call You Form.
What other products does CIMB offer?
Aside from credit cards, you can also check out these products from CIMB:
- Loans – CIMB offers three types of loans. Personal mortgage, property loan and overseas property loan are specifically designed to suit varied needs of their customers. Under personal loans, you can apply for education loan, debt consolidation plan, renovation loan, portfolio financing and cash lite. Property loans include CIMNB HDB home loan, private property loan and commercial property loan. The loans for overseas property cover financing for properties in London and Australia.
- Insurance – CIMB offers different types of insurance plans which allows you to protect your financial plans and save for tomorrow. The plans also give you the chance to retire with regular payouts, preserve your heritage, travel with peace of mind and face medical emergencies with security, General insurance plans from CIMB also shares repayments for delayed flights, lost luggage, car protection and even assets protection.
- Investments – Investing with CIMB come in many forms like unit trusts, structured deposits, dual currency investments and FX margin. With investment products, you can access the most intuitive trading platform in the market and explore a vast range of currencies from all over the world. You can also invest in many types of assets to improve, grow and diversify your portfolio.