American Express Credit Cards
Compare American Express credit cards against other leading providers in Singapore
About the provider
The American Express Company, also known as Amex, is an American multinational financial services corporation. At present, American Express takes pride of its worldwide business billed at $1 trillion, net income at $5.4 billion, total assets worth $158.9 billion and total revenue at $32.1 billion.
American Expresses products are limited to charge card, credit cards, and traveller’s cheques. American Express offers an entire range of cards from the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card, to The American Express Gold Card.
Why should I choose American Express credit cards?
American Express is your ally when it comes to earning the best rewards from your credit cards. Apply now and enjoy the following:
- Rewards points – Earn from 10,000 to 60,000 points when you spend around $1,000-$2,000 from your American Express credit cards.
- No annual fee – Amex offers a card with no annual fee charges. The Blue Cash Everyday Card, Amex Everyday Card, Blue Delta SkyMiles Card and the Hilton Honors Card are just a few of the credit cards you can get without worrying about yearly fees.
- 0% Intro APR – For the first 15 months, you can enjoy 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases. Depending on the type of credit card you have, you can also have a variable APR of 13.99% to 23.99%
- No foreign transaction fees – Use and spend abroad using your American Express credit cards and expect no foreign transaction fee. Yes, Amex allows you a worry-free journey when you book and shop overseas.
Aside from the mentioned benefits, American Express credit cards offer you travel accident benefits, nightlife privileges, online account access, customer service and emergency card replacement.
What privileges do you get from American Express credit cards?
With American Express Personal Card, the cardholder can earn 5 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent at any of these merchants: Starbucks, Jason’s Market Place, Kinokuniya, Amazon, EpiCentre.
With the American Express Platinum Credit Card, on the other hand, enjoy Palate Dining Privileges which offers up to 50% savings on food orders at a handpicked selection of favorite restaurants. Participating merchants include Angelina, Dancing Crab, Lawry’s The Prime Rib, The Marmalade Pantry, OLA Cocina Del Mar, Senso Ristorante & Bar, TWG and much more.
American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card earns the cardholder 2 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1.20 spent on selected Singapore Airlines tickets purchased at singaporeair.com and when shopping at KrisShop, in-flight or online.
Also, offers four complimentary accesses each year to any participating SATS Premier Lounge in Singapore and Plaza Premium Lounge around the world.
On the other hand, with American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card, every S$1.60 charged earns the cardholder 1 KrisFlyer mile.
An additional earning of 50% more KrisFlyer miles is offered what S$5,000 or more is charged to the card in a year.
The benefits of American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card include affording a complimentary night's stay every Card Membership year and at Capri by Fraser hotel residences worldwide. You can also enjoy a staycation in Singapore with subsidized staycation vouchers by Amex, and cardholders receive 50,000 Membership Rewards points with a minimum spend of S$5,000 in first six months of Card Membership.
The American Express True Cashback Card is an introductory offer by which cardholders enjoy 3% Cashback on up to a total of S$5,000 spend for the first six months plus a fee waiver for the first year.
How do I apply for American Express credit cards?
Before applying for any of those American Express Credit Cards, you need to make sure you comply with the following eligibility requirements:
- You are more than 21 years old
- You have an income that meets the card’s minimum salary requirement for one year
- You are a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident
Each Amex credit card has additional eligibility requirement, and you may be asked to present documents that indicate your employment details, income and bank account information. You can check out different types of Amex credit cards with GoBear and check on Amex website for the complete list of documents required for specific cards.
What other products does American Express offer?
Aside from the numerous credit card types designed to suit our budget and lifestyle, American Express also offers the following financial products:
- Travel insurance – American Express travel insurance plans satisfies your needs with features tailored to fit every journey. Wherever your destination may be, Amex ensures you with coverage for travel medical, baggage, and trip cancellation. You will also enjoy 24-hour assistance when you pay for any of those individual and package plans
- Travelers’ Cheques – American Express allows you to travel safely with their Travelers Cheques. These will help you save money because you don’t have to pay for withdrawal fees. Each cheque is also signed with a fixed amount and can be refunded when stolen or lost.