About the provider
A leading general insurer with a local presence of over 100 years, MSIG Insurance offers an extensive range of insurance solutions for commercial and personal risk protection, enabling the security and safety of individuals and businesses. MSIG holds an A+/Stable financial rating by Standard & Poor’s.
Why should I choose MSIG car insurance?
Compare to other car insurance packages in Singapore; MSIG ensures you get the best out of your money by offering the following benefits:
- Car Loan Protection - MotorMax Plus offers $100,000 worth of car loan benefits to cover any outstanding car loan if the policyholder dies in a car accident.
- New for Old Replacement - If your car becomes irreparable after an accident, we will replace it with a brand new one as long as your original car is less than 12 months old.
- Transport Allowance- Receive a transport allowance if your car repair takes longer than expected.
- 24/7 Helpline - Get help anytime, anywhere with 24-hour roadside assistance for towing, lockout or battery jumpstart services.
Which MSIG car insurance plan is best for you?
This plan is the bare-bones MSIG Car Insurance package. Aside from the benefits that come with all schemes, the MotorMax plan includes personal accident coverage of up to $20k for the policy holder and $10k each for authorised drivers and passengers.
MSIG’s top-of-the-line Car Insurance package, the MSIG Plan comes packed with all benefits MSIG offers, plus the highest coverage for personal accident, transport allowance, and loan protection. For the most comprehensive coverage, the MotorMax Plus Plan has it all, including a car replacement if the insured vehicle is less than 12 months old.
How do I qualify for MSIG car insurance?
MSIG car insurance policies are available for those:
- You’re between 20 to 69 years old
- You’re a resident of Singapore holding an NRIC or FIN
- You currently hold a valid Singapore driving license
- You have a private car registered under your name as an individual
- Your car is in roadworthy condition within LTA guidelines
- Your have not made 3 or more at-fault claims in the past 3 years
- You own a car which is 12 years old or younger
- Your car is not used for commercial purposes
- You have not been revoked or suspended of your driving license in the last 3 years, have never been convicted of a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated)
- You have never been refused to buy/renew any car insurance, nor has your car insurance ever been cancelled/voided by your insurer
How do I make a claim?
MSIG makes it easy for insured travelers to claim the procedures below:
- Notify MSIG by calling their 24-hour hotline +65 68277660 especially if you are abroad and you require emergency assistance
- Prepare a police report of Loss or Damage of Property report within 24 hours at the incidence of loss
- Take photographs of damaged items and accident scene
- Download the claim form request from the company website. Fill out the form and submit it with supporting documents
Find out more about the MSIG Motor Insurance Claim Procedure.
What other products does MSIG offer?
Aside from car insurance, MSIG provides other personal insurance products as listed below:
- Enhanced HomePlus – For those looking to protect their home contents, MSIG offers the Enhanced HomePlus that reimburses up to $270,000 renovation and home contents cover. It also provides cover on accidental death of domestic pet
- MaidPlus – MSIG allows your maid the peace of mind while doing her job by helping in case of accidents and medical emergencies. MaidPlus offers up to $60,000 personal accident cover and $1,000 maximum accidental medical expenses repayments
MSIG car insurance review
Still wondering if you should choose MSIG car insurance plan? Read this article to find out more - MSIG car insurance review Singapore (2020)
|Car Insurance Providers in Singapore|
|MSIG||Tiq by Etiqa Insurance||Tokio Marine|
|Car Insurance Singapore Reviews|
|NTUC Income||Sompo||Tiq by Etiqa Insurance|