FWD Car Insurance
Compare FWD car insurance plans against offers from other leading car insurance providers in Singapore
About the provider
FWD aims to transform people’s perception about insurance through its cost-effective employee benefit solutions to its 80,000 members. As the company continues to enhance its customer-centred portfolio, it also remains to be the source of comprehensive and customizable car insurance plans.
FWD’s car insurance plans can be tailored to suit your vehicle and your budget.
Why should I choose FWD car insurance?
Compare to other cheap car insurance packages in Singapore; FWD ensures you get the best out of your money by offering the following benefits:
- Lifetime NCD guarantee - Having the FWD Car Insurance entitles you to the company’s Lifetime NCD Guarantee, if your current no claim discount is 50%. That means you get to keep it for as long as you stay with FWD.
- Extended Workmanship Guarantee - Repairs done at FWD premium workshops are guaranteed for workmanship defects until your car turns 10.
- Anyone you trust to drive your car is insured- If you trust someone to drive your car, FWD will insure them – no need to name them
- Best family protection in Singapore - FWD provides a one-time payment of up to S$500,000 for surviving children if both parents die or are permanently disabled in a car accident.
- Coverage in areas outside Singapore – Aside from Singapore, FWD provides coverage when you’re driving in West Malaysia (including Penang and other Malaysian islands offshore of West Malaysia) and Southern Thailand (within 80 kilometres of its border with West Malaysia) and when in transit by seas between any of these areas.
What benefits does FWD car insurance provide?
- Prestige Plan - FWD’s top-of-the-line Car Insurance package, the Prestige Plan comes packed with all benefits FWD offers, plus the highest coverage for medical expenses, damages incurred, and other expenses brought about by a vehicular accident. For the most comprehensive coverage, the Prestige Plan has it all.
- Executive Plan - This plan is an enhanced version of the Classic Plan, featuring additional benefits such as coverage for personal belongings damaged in a vehicular accident, a courtesy car that you can use for up to three months while your vehicle is being repaired, and replacement of lost or damaged keys. It also features higher coverage for medical expenses, damages incurred, and other expenses brought about by a vehicular accident.
- Classic Plan - This plan is the bare-bones FWD Car Insurance package. Aside from the benefits that come with all schemes, the Classic plan includes coverage for anyone you trust to drive your car and for legal costs if you are sued for damage caused by your vehicle. For cars less than 12 months old, a replacement will be provided if it’s stolen or written off. You also get reimbursement for taxi fares incurred after an accident and a daily transportation allowance for the entire period that your car is being repaired.
How do I qualify for FWD car insurance?
FWD car insurance policies are available for those:
- Car owners between 20 to 69 years old
- Cars 12 years old or younger
- Cars not used for commercial purposes
How do I make a claim?
Below are three ways you can claim your insurance benefits:
- Call FWD – At the time of accident, notify FWD by calling its hotline +65 6820 888 from 9:00am to 10:00 pm Mondays to Fridays and 9:00am to 1:00pm on Saturdays. You can also dial the emergency assistance hotline +65 6322 2072 anytime of the day and from anywhere in the world
- Claim online – Register for an FWD account here. Sign in to start your claim
- Send an email – Send an email to [email protected] or send your query here
FWD recommends that you lodge the GIA report in any of their approved reporting centres within 24 hours from the occurrence of the accident. You should present the documents below to support your claims:
- Driver’s license
- Insured and driver’s NRIC;
- Soft copy of Certificate of Insurance;
- Police report (if any);
- Scene photos (if any);
- Witness reports (if any).
What other products does FWD offer?
FWD is your one-stop shop for simple, reliable and direct insurance products like the following:
- Travel insurance – Better coverage at affordable premiums can be enjoyed with FWD travel insurance plans. Enjoy comprehensive protection and unlimited medical evacuation cover. FWD ensures secured travel with stress-free and quick claims process.
- Endowment plan – FWD endowment plan provides insurance and a chance to earn the highest guaranteed returns in the market when you plan matures after three years. You can save as low as $1,000 up to $15,000 per person
- Life term insurance – Get covered up to $3 million for as little as $2.60 per day. Mix and match your life insurance plan benefits by choosing between the renewable and fixed terms.