FWD Car Insurance
Compare FWD car insurance plans against offers from other leading car insurance providers in Singapore
About the provider
FWD aims to transform people’s perception about insurance through its cost-effective employee benefit solutions to its 80,000 members. As the company continues to enhance its customer-centred portfolio, it also remains to be the source of comprehensive and customisable car insurance plans.
FWD’s car insurance plans can be tailored to suit your vehicle and your budget. The insurance brand leverages technology to deliver relevant products which are affordable and easy to understand.
Why should I choose FWD car insurance?
Compare to other cheap car insurance packages in Singapore; FWD ensures you get the best out of your money by offering the following benefits:
- Lifetime NCD guarantee - Having the FWD Car Insurance entitles you to the company’s Lifetime NCD Guarantee, if your current no claim discount is 50%. That means you get to keep it for as long as you stay with FWD.
- Extended Workmanship Guarantee - Repairs done at FWD premium workshops are guaranteed for workmanship defects until your car turns 10.
- Anyone you trust to drive your car is insured- If you trust someone to drive your car, FWD will insure them – no need to name them
- Best family protection in Singapore - FWD provides a one-time payment of up to S$500,000 for surviving children if both parents die or are permanently disabled in a car accident.
- Coverage in areas outside Singapore – Aside from Singapore, FWD provides coverage when you’re driving in West Malaysia (including Penang and other Malaysian islands offshore of West Malaysia) and Southern Thailand (within 80 kilometres of its border with West Malaysia) and when in transit by seas between any of these areas.
What benefits does FWD car insurance provide?
- Prestige Plan - FWD’s top-of-the-line Car Insurance package, the Prestige Plan comes packed with all benefits FWD offers, plus the highest coverage for medical expenses, damages incurred, and other expenses brought about by a vehicular accident. For the most comprehensive coverage, the Prestige Plan has it all, including a courtesy car for up to three months if your car is written off or stolen.
- Executive Plan - This plan is an enhanced version of the Classic Plan, featuring additional benefits such as coverage for personal belongings damaged in a vehicular accident, a courtesy car that you can use for up to three months while your vehicle is being repaired, and replacement of lost or damaged keys. It also features higher coverage for medical expenses, damages incurred, and other expenses brought about by a vehicular accident.
- Classic Plan - This plan is the bare-bones FWD Car Insurance package. Aside from the benefits that come with all schemes, the Classic plan includes coverage for anyone you trust to drive your car and for legal costs if you are sued for damage caused by your vehicle. For cars less than 12 months old, a replacement will be provided if it’s stolen or written off. You also get reimbursement for taxi fares incurred after an accident and a daily transportation allowance for up to 6 days while your car is being repaired.
How do I qualify for FWD car insurance?
FWD car insurance policies are available for those:
- You’re between 20 to 69 years old
- You’re a resident of Singapore holding an NRIC or FIN
- You currently hold a valid Singapore driving license
- You have a private car registered under your name as an individual
- Your car is in roadworthy condition within LTA guidelines
- Your have not made 3 or more at-fault claims in the past 3 years
- You own a car which is 12 years old or younger
- Your car is not used for commercial purposes
- You have not been revoked or suspended of your driving license in the last 3 years, have never been convicted of a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated)
- You have never been refused to buy/renew any car insurance, nor has your car insurance ever been cancelled/voided by your insurer
How do I make a claim?
Below are three ways you can claim your insurance benefits:
Call FWD Emergency Assistance – At the time of accident, notify FWD by calling its emergency assistance hotline +65 6322 2072. This hotline is available at any time of the day and from anywhere in the world
Claim online – Register for an FWD account here. Sign in to start your claim
FWD recommends that you lodge the GIA report in any of their approved reporting centres within 24 hours from the occurrence of the accident. You should present the documents below to support your claims:
Insured and driver’s NRIC;
Soft copy of Certificate of Insurance;
Police report (if any);
Scene photos (if any);
Witness reports (if any).
What other products does FWD offer?
FWD is your one-stop shop for simple, reliable and direct insurance products like the following:
Travel insurance – Better coverage at affordable premiums can be enjoyed with FWD travel insurance plans. Enjoy comprehensive protection and unlimited medical evacuation cover. FWD ensures secured travel with a stress-free and quick claims process.
Endowment plan – FWD endowment plan provides insurance and a chance to earn the highest guaranteed returns in the market when you plan matures after three years. You can save as low as $1,000 up to $15,000 per person
Life term insurance – Get covered up to $3 million for as little as $2.60 per day. Mix and match your life insurance plan benefits by choosing between the renewable and fixed terms.
Cancer insurance - FWD is the only digital insurer that offers full payout at every stage of the cancer diagnosis
Personal accident insurance - Enjoy unlimited emergency medical evacuation when overseas, ambulance fees of S$500 for hospital transfer due to an accident and even S$300 when you are overseas for emergency phone charges
Home insurance - FWD does not charge an excess when you make a claim, offers protection for tenant defaults and renovation costs for damage to the apartment
- Maid insurance - Have FWD pay the security bond of S$5,000 directly to the Ministry of Manpower with no additional payment from you. Plus, get a 100% refund if you cancel your policy within the first 3 months. FWD is also the first insurer to offer coverage for pre-existing medical conditions of your maid at no additional cost.