About the provider
Tiq by Etiqa Insurance. A digital channel of Etiqa Insurance Singapore, Tiq offers convenient protection and insurance savings plans specially designed to meet the needs of people in Singapore. Easy to buy, fast to claim. Making insurance as easy, clear and honest as possible is what Tiq is all about.
Why should I choose Etiqa car insurance?
Aside from competitive rates, Tiq by Etiqa Insurance offers three plans with optional add-on coverage to make sure your needs are addressed. You can drive safely and comfortably with an assurance that you are covered anytime.
Here are additional assistance you will be entitled to access when you choose private car insurance from Tiq by Etiqa:
- Quality workshops for repairs (Optional add-on)
- 24-hour roadside assistance (Optional add-on)
- Competitive rates for Third Party only, Comprehensive and Third-party Fire & Theft coverage types
- Get 5% Demerit Free Discount when you never made a claim for the last three years
- 30-mins fast claims approval
With a shared vision to transform insurance, Etiqa created the strong foundation for Tiq. Etiqa is known for its credibility as a reliable insurance arm of Maybank Group, and has been rated 'A' by credit ratings agency Fitch in 2020 for its financial strength and stable outlook.
What benefits does Etiqa car insurance provide?
Your Private Car Insurance benefits depend on the package you choose:
Private Car Insurance
Tiq by Etiqa’s Private Car Insurance covers the following benefits:
- Convenient on-the-go windscreen servicing
- 30-minute fast claims approval with video-assisted call service
- Island-wide authorised workshops with 9 months repair warranty
- No-Claim Discount (NCD) Protector
Enjoy 20% off Private Car Insurance daily. Receive an additional 5% discount every Friday at the Thank Etiqa It’s Friday (TEIF) sale!
Am I eligible to purchase Private Car Insurance from Tiq by Etiqa?
To be eligible for Etiqa car insurance, check whether you fulfil these conditions:
- The main driver and any other drivers should be between 24-75 years old with a valid driving license of at least two years
- The drivers should have never experienced cancellation or suspension of licenses for the last 3 years
- The car is duly registered in Singapore and may not have been modified and changes should not deviate from LTA standards
- You use your car for personal purposes (including carpool or car sharing arrangement to carry passengers for payment but only if the passengers are contributing towards the running expenses of the car).Additional drivers should have never been declined the chance to renew insurance by other insurers
How do I make a claim?
Private Car Insurance from Tiq by Etiqa adheres to the Motor Claims Framework, which is initiated by the General Insurance Association of Singapore. The following steps in the event of an accident should be complied to facilitate a claim:
- Exchange particulars of involved parties including name, FIN or NRIC for foreign worker, telephone number, motor insurer and address
- Write down the vehicle numbers
- Take a photograph of the vehicles and the scene of accident
- Call Etiqa’s approved reporting centre for towing and reporting of the accident.
- Report and bring the involved car to the approved reporting centre within 24 hours after the accident of by the next working day should the incident happened on a Public Holiday or a weekend.
A police report is required to be presented to the Approved Reporting Centres. The police report should be acquired in case of injury, accidents involving government vehicles or damage to government property, accidents with a foreign vehicle, accidents that involve a cyclist or a pedestrian and/or “hit and run.”
What other products does Etiqa offer?
Here are other products available at Tiq by Etiqa Insurance:
- Online Life Protection – Choose from Whole Life and Term Life plans. No medical examination required.
- Insurance savings plans – Choose among GIGANTIQ, eEASY save V, and eEasy savepro and more!
- Tiq Travel insurance – An affordable plan for all travellers, get 24-hour worldwide emergency travel support, coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, instant claims encashment via PayNow and more!
Private car insurance review
Still wondering if you should choose Etiqa car insurance plan? Read this article to find out more - Etiqa car insurance review Singapore (2020)
Compare with other car insurance providers
- FWD Car Insurance | FWD Car Insurance Review
- Aviva Car Insurance | Aviva Car Insurance Review
- Hong Leong Group Car Insurance | HL Assurance Car Insurance Review
- MSIG Car Insurance | MSIG Car Insurance Review
- AIG Car Insurance | AIG Car Insurance Review
- DirectAsia Car Insurance | DirectAsia Car Insurance Review
Terms apply. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore
This policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you.
GIGANTIQ is not a bank account or fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that earns a crediting interest rate.
This content is for reference only. Information is accurate as of 11 Dec 2020.