POSB Credit Card
Compare POSB’s Everyday Card against other leading credit cards in Singapore
About the provider
Formerly known as Post Office Savings Bank of Singapore, it was acquired by DBS in 1998. Now POSB offers consumer banking services by DBS. It aims to keep costs low for basic savings accounts, and to exempt children, full-time students below the age of 21 years and full-time National Servicemen from bank charges.
It offers one POSB credit card – POSB Everyday Card, and mostly debit cards- such as Passion POSB Debit card, and Home Team NS- Passion- POSB Debit card.
Why should I choose POSB Everyday Card?
Aside from the numerous perks you can get upon application, POSB Everyday Card acts as an all-in-one card:
- Top it up and use it as an EZ-link card
- Connect it online to your Savings Account and use it as an ATM card
- Enjoy the ease of Mastercard Contactless feature by purchasing with your card without signature required. Pay as much as $100 for every transaction in almost 30,000 stores in Singapore
What benefits does POSB Everyday Card offer?
The POSB Everyday Card gives rebates up to 14% discounts on dining and 6% on everyday essentials. You can purchase Everyday partners like SPC, Sheng Siong, Watsons, SP Services, StarHub and much more.
POSB Credit Card - Dining Privileges
POSB cardholders get to enjoy DBS’s dining privileges of Dining by DBS indulgence. It provides discounts like 10% off with minimum spending of S$50 on one bill in TOBY’s The Dessert Asylum, and exclusively for POSB card members, S$9.80 Kitchen Bestseller with minimum spending of $25. And many such discounts in participating restaurants are available.
POSB Credit Card - Everyday Shopping Savings
POSB Everyday Card offers affordable discounts on everyday needs and purchases from stores such as Watsons, Sheng Siong, Starhub and more, where POSB cardholders can receive up to 6% cash rebate.
Also, the Passion POSB Debit Card offers 1% cash rebate in Takashimaya, and 0.3% rebate on all local spending including online, mail and telephone orders. Passion card also offers a Free Cab Ride on registering with Comfort Delgro.
POSB Credit Card - Travel and Petrol Privileges
POSB partners with SPC to provide up to 6% cash rebate on petrol purchases from all SPC outlets with the use of POSB Everyday MasterCard. Also, this credit card can be used as an EZ-link card upon activation with EZ-Reload. POSB Everyday card also affords 6% cash rebate on a purchase of flight tickets with AirAsia when the purchase is charged to the card.
Also, under the lifestyle privileges system, all POSB Platinum card holders can enjoy travel privileges such as getting 7% off hotel reservations worldwide on Agoda.com and for all other POSB credit and debit card holder enjoy 5% off hotel reservations worldwide on Agoda.com, until 31 December 2016. Expedia.com also offers 10% discount on all hotel bookings till 31 December 2016.
How do I apply for POSB Everyday Card?
Check the following requirements for eligibility to see if you can get approved for POSB Everyday Card and start reaping its rewards:
- You must be above 21 years old
- You should have an income of $30,000 and above per annum (Singaporean and PR) and $45,000 and above per annum (Foreigner)
New applicants should present a copy o bank statement or utility bill to confirm their residential address. In case you do not have accounts with POSB/DBS, you also need to present copies of the following:
- Principal applicants – NRIC front and back, CPF Contribution history statement, Latest income tax notice assessment, latest three months computerized payslip
- Foreign applicants – Passport valid for at least six months, Employment Pass, Latest Computerised Payslip or Salary crediting to a POSB/DBS account, and company letter that certifies your employment and salary dated not later than three months from the date of application
- Supplementary applicants – Copy of the NRIC front and back or valid passport
What other products does POSB offer?
POSB also offers the following:
- PAssion POSB Debit Card – POSB PAssion lets you enjoy everything Singaporean with a 5-year membership for free! Get 3% cashback benefit from July 1, 2017. You can also grab exclusive offers like 1-1 pass every 10th day of the month and 1% rebate at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square. With POSB PAssion Debit Card, you can earn TapMore points at Guardian Health & Beauty stores, Cold Storage and Giant.
- POSB PAssion HomeTeamNS – Get the exclusive HomeTeamNS along with PAssion perks up to 2% rebate. You can also enjoy $10 cashback when you purchase using your POSB PAssion HomeTeamNS card. You can also have access to five HomeTeamNS facilities with concessionary members’ parking rates and discounted passes to Adventure Cove Waterpark, Universal Studios and Aquarium.
All POSB Everyday credit card principal holder can extend all the benefits once they apply for an additional card for $96.30 annually. Earn endless rewards when your supplementary card holder spends. They can also get a chance to grab a maximum of 50% discount on shopping and dining deals within the country.