Strategy & Corporate Development Analyst
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create innovative financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
The Strategy and Corporate Development team, led by the Chief Strategy Office (CSO), is responsible for shaping GoBear’s strategic agenda and leading high-impact transformation projects across GoBear Markets, as well as working closely with the CEO and CFO to drive corporate development priorities for the firm.
Reporting to the CSO, this role will focus on corporate development initiatives (including fundraising, M&A, strategic partnerships, etc.) and business strategy to advance GoBear’s market positioning. Delivery of these important topics requires strong analytical skills and business acumen, thought leadership and close engagement across multiple stakeholders. The candidate must be a hands-on and highly motivated individual to develop, project manage and deliver successful outcomes.
1. Financial modelling and analysis
- Develop robust financial models for capital raising, M&A / joint venture and business strategy planning.
- Perform valuation and capital structuring analysis.
- Assist in due diligence and data analysis to guide transaction decisions and outcomes.
2. Fundraising process facilitation
- Create and manage fundraising plan, including clear milestones and risk mitigating steps.
- Assist deal team in investor coverage and marketing activities, including investor engagement planning, creating company profiles and prepare investor presentation material.
3. Corporate development strategy and execution
- Support corporate development strategy objectives, including development and tracking of top priority initiatives.
- Assess commercial and financial viability of target companies / transactions.
- Support due diligence process and other relevant tasks, as required.
4. Business strategy and transformation agenda
- Shape strategic agenda by conceptualizing and managing strategy projects.
- Assess innovative or breakthrough opportunities with high revenue growth potential for the business.
- Assist to execute against business priorities and maintain alignment with broader strategic goals.
5. Project management and delivery
- Have end-to-end ownership of projects or workstreams to deliver intended results.
- Identify issues and propose practical solutions for implementation.
- Ensure timelines/milestones are achieved per plan and propose mitigation steps proactively.
6. Market intelligence and insights generation
- Conduct research and fact finding in a resourceful and reliable manner to distill insights.
- Perform benchmarking analysis and evaluate competitive dynamics in the business areas and markets GoBear is operating in.
7. Communication and stakeholder management
- Prepare presentations for senior management updates and decision-making.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and seek buy-in to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- At least 3 – 5 years of work experience in corporate finance / investment banking / business strategy.
- Prior deal making experience.
- Proven skills in analytics and financial modelling, problem-solving, effective written and verbal communication, and project management.
- Independent thinker with ability to work under pressure and handle tight deadline.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and organized.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, and outstanding ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of financial services / banking / insurance sectors in ASEAN markets and Greater China is preferred, but not a must.