Senior .NET Software Engineer
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create innovative financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
You’ll be reporting into the Head of Engineer and you’ll also get to hang out with the scrum master and work closely with the Product Design and DevOps team based in the regional office in Singapore.
- You'll build and architect software that will be deployed both in our public facing website as well as internal line of business applications.
- You will be expected to focus on building high quality software.
- You'll employ software best practices like Test Driven Development.
- You'll architect and build robust, scalable, API driven server side services.
- You'll keep track of, and push the boundaries w.r.t new technologies e.g. Serverless Computing, Microservices, etc.
- Embrace the twelve factors (https://12factor.net/).
- Work in a team environment, take direction, collaborate in meetings and effectively communicate with the team with a positive and forward-thinking attitude.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology or relevant.
- At least 4 to 6 years of software development experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in .NET projects: .NET, ASP.NET, (.NET core is plus).
- Advanced Microsoft Data Technologies: ADO.NET, SQL Server, Entity Framework.
- Very good in understanding & applying Design Patterns/Design Principles.
- Have good knowledge about Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Experienced in Git or other source control systems.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrums Software Development environment.
- Have good English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Have experience in leading/instructing members is a plus.