Senior DevOps Engineer
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create innovative financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Reporting directly to the Head of Ops, the Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for contributing in the overall performance of the GoBear Production platform.
You’ll work closely with the Lead Developer/Architect, QA Manager, Product Owners and strategic vendors to maintain our infrastructure and application to the full extent in a timely manner, set-up proper documentation and continuously suggest improvements for our overall platform performance.
- You’ll expertly contribute in the overall platform’s infrastructure and associated systems in terms of performance, availability, scalability and security.
- You’ll expertly pitch in Cloud environment administration; It will be awesome if you are experienced in GCP.
- You’ll seamlessly handle application release management, infrastructure provisioning and deployment.
- You’ll proactively monitor and report on the Production platform.
- You’ll own the escalation process.
- You’ll analyze log files and identify root causes for Infrastructure or application problems.
- You’ll collaborate with internal teams and strategic vendors to implement fixes in production.
- You’ll pro-actively identify improvements.
- You have a Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or demonstrable skills and experience in the relevant subjects.
- You bring in around 5 years of experience managing applications in a cloud platform like GCP, Amazon AWS or MS Azure.
- You have par excellence command over the English language (written and oral).
- You have solid scripting ability in any of PowerShell, BASH, Python, Ruby etc.
- You have excellent experience with Linux system administration (Ubuntu/Debian).
- You have broad domain knowledge of networks, systems administration and network security.
- You’ve dabbled in configuration management and automation (Ansible, SaltStack, Chef).
- It will be fabulous if you have experience with release management.
- It will be pretty advantageous if you have experience with CI/CD.
- It will be great if you have experience with a web monitoring platform e.g. AppDynamics or DynaTrace.