Senior Data Engineer
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create innovative financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
The Data Engineer is the person responsible for enhancing our analytics and performance management framework. You’ll be building our data infrastructure like databases and large-scale data processing tools on the Google Cloud Platform. You’ll be a perfect fit in this role if you’re an eager learner, have prior experience in quantitative domains, and if you’re keen to be a team player in a dynamic start-up.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Employ a variety scripting languages and tools to marry systems together.
- Make sure our systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data.
- Develop data set processes for data modelling, mining and production.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Create custom software components and analytics applications.
- Install and update disaster recovery procedures.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Modelers and IT team members on project goals.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Economics.
- At least 6 years of working experience as a Data Engineer or as a Back-end Developer.
- Proficient in Python or .NET (C#), background in Java is a plus.
- Proficient with No-SQL databases like HBase or MongoDB.
- Proficient in ETL processes and programming models on Apache Beam.
- Proficient in cloud computing systems management services such as Stackdriver.
- Familiar with cloud services such as MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- Familiar with machine learning and statistical techniques or NLP will be beneficial.
- Familiar with graph databases will be beneficial.
- Familiar with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager will be an advantage.
- Proficient in oral and written communication in English, as well as effective interpersonal skills.
- Have experience in leading/instructing members is a plus.