Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create innovative financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Reporting directly to the Head of Architecture, the Data Architect is responsible for contributing in the overall performance of the GoBear Data Platforms.
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!You’ll work closely with the Chief Architect, Lead Engineers, QA Manager, Product Owners and stakeholders to maintain our data infrastructure to the full extent in a timely manner, set-up proper documentation and continuously suggest improvements for our overall data and analytical platform performance.
- Design end to end datawarehouse and analytical workflows, including overall architecture, capabilities, platforms, tools and governing processes.
- Help define/improve best practices, guidelines and integration with other enterprise solutions.
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at high performance as an acting TPM for Data initiatives.
- Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Business and other teams to ensure successful execution of data platform initiatives.
- Larger volume of data and managing in terms of storage and optimization of jobs, data insights,data security, resource allocation.
- Mentor and coach tech community to enhance their data skills with guidelines.
- Drive the data platform initiatives by effectively managing the tasks of Data engineers and working along architects, product owners & stakeholders.
- Bring in around 7+ years of experience in IT industry.
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience in designing and delivering data management and relevant subjects.
- Have hands - on experience in one or more programming languages such as e.g. Python, R, Java or .NET.
- Have working knowledge of Database skills such as MS SQL,MySQL Postgress & NoSQL DBs, Data modeling and repository design (e.g. operational data stores, dimensional data stores, data marts), Data orchestration and ETL (e.g. BiqQuery).
- Experience working on complex distributed enterprise systems.
- Expert level understanding of normalization techniques and when and how to use them.
- Experienced with schema design, data warehousing, and business intelligence best practices.
- Comfortable working with Docker, familiar with virtual machines, or other containerized environment.
- Experience in Agile Software Development and has a strong understanding of Agile principles, practices and scrum methodology.