Country Operations Head
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create relevant financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Reports to Regional Operations Head. You will be responsible for focusing on Underwriting, Collections and Customer Service departments. You will supervise the teams, create plans and processes to ensure quality output and operational efficiency. Create policies, training manuals and quality standards to drive the performance of each team member. Engage with external partners to fulfill operational needs.
- Responsible for overseeing the Vietnam country operations.
- Recruit and train staff to oversee the hiring and training of staff in a particular region. Be involved in staff selection, training development, scheduling and ongoing professional development of employees.
- Establish company standards and policies in compliance with the local regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate contracts and develop vendor partnerships to support operational requirements.
- Drive performance-driven country operations and initiate projects and processes to optimize resources.
- Create and manage financial plans and achieve profitability.
- Ensure smooth interaction within each department and regional teams to drive effective business transactions.
- Develop and submit weekly, monthly or quarterly performance and progress reports to the Regional Operations Head.
- Liaison with other departments and country heads to standardize best practices.
- Develop Operational Plans to ensure that all aspects of a business operate smoothly. Ensure that a business's in-country affiliate adheres to all country regulations and cultural guidelines. Also, develop plans for company growth and improvement of sales.
- Implement Brand Strategies for building a company's brand in Vietnam.
- Devise advertising and promotional plans and get involved in product positioning and global brand marketing developments.
- Generate Progress Reports to assess company performance, sales and marketing successes.
- Present reports regarding budgets, sales growth or declines, new business leads and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure ethical conduct of the team under all circumstances.
- Strictly adhere to company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Graduate or Postgraduate Degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in managing Country Operations, particularly in the lending platform.
- Ability to hire, train and develop teams from the ground up.
- Ability to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to large and small audiences.
- Ability to negotiate price, other concessions and terms and conditions.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conflict resolution abilities.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.