Business Development Director
Interested to join the Bears team? Submit your application to [email protected]!
GoBear is Asia’s leading financial services platform with a mission to improve the financial health of our region’s many people. We do that by empowering users with the know-how, tools and financial products to meet their individual needs. More importantly, we believe that personal financial health leads to more secure, stable and sustainable communities across Asia. Yes, we feel we have a higher purpose.
Our financial services platform includes an online marketplace for financial products, digital insurance brokerage and digital lending business all built on a strong foundation of data to drive efficiency. To date, we have served over 55 million users searching for more than 2,000 products.
As a fintech leader, we bring innovative solutions to address important local market challenges (of which there are many!). Our alternative data - including consumer behaviour and digital footprints - gives us critical insights to assess and price risk better, work with partners to identify market gaps, and co-create relevant financial products.
Having started in Singapore in early 2015, which is now called the ‘Bear Cave’, today we’re active in 7 markets: Singapore, Hong Kong SAR, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.
You will report to the Emerging Markets Director (who leads the Vietnam business), and also work closely with our Lending Team to drive the expansion of our lending business development activities. The focus will be on establishing lending partnerships, including lending-as-a-service and pre-approved loan models, as well as lead generation for our newly re-launched Lending Marketplace.
You will have one direct report, Business Development Manager – a seasoned operator who has been heavily involved in Vietnam business development for 3 years.
What expectations do we have for this role?
- Working with relevant colleagues, you’ll help identify, contact, negotiate and close local business partnerships across different lending models to drive sustainable growth for Vietnam business.
- Once closed, you’ll also help contract and onboard these new partners to the GoBear platform.
- With deep lending industry knowledge, you’ll also contribute to strategy development and operational tactics, including how to work with local regulators to ensure full compliance.
- You’ll influence user experience by working closing with product operation and design teams.
- To drive sales, you’ll negotiate “non-click revenue” deals with existing partners that typically invole onsite ad sales and optimization, along with traffic generation commitments.
- As a team player, you’ll work closely with colleagues to solve problems and support one another.
- You have at least 10 years experience in Sales and Business Development, ideally gained in the lending / banking industry, with an understanding of different and innovative lending models.
- You’re super familiar with the local lending landscape, including who the key players are, their relative strengths and weaknesses, and ideally high level contacts to get things started.
- You have worked in or near digital lending, so understand the end-to-end process from acquisition, scoring and onboarding to disbursement, customer support and collection.
- You’re fluent in Vietnamese, and have a strong grasp of English language (written, spoken).
But wait there’s more! We believe certain traits will further set up this role for success.
- Entrepreneurial, with a passion for overcoming obstacles to build scalable business.
- Self Starting, which helps you make better decisions, and influence other people.
- Persistent, with the ability to “bounce back” after rejection and overcome obstacles.
- Engaging, with the ability to communicate cleary and persuasively (written, spoken).
- Academic, with BSc / BA degrees in finance, marketing or business management.