The main purpose of a credit card is an instant access to money for cardholders who can pay in full or in installments. But there are also different benefits provided for clients that is exclusive for credit card holders, such as:
- Waived membership fees on cards for the first year of use. Through this, banks are encouraging cardholders to use their cards without thinking much about fees.
- Bonuses such as free airmiles and rebates depending on how much a cardholder has spent.
- Rewards points that can be exchanged for free items and perks.
- Balance transfer capability, which you can use when you want to transfer your credit card debts from one card to another with a lower interest rate.
- Zero-interest charges on some purchases. You usually see this offer in appliance, furniture, and gadget stores.
- Cash advances, which give you the ability to borrow cash up to a certain amount and with certain fees.
- Virtual credit card, which are cards similar to a credit card but with a different 16-digit number allowing you to shop safely at different online shops.
- Free travel insurance for certain cards, especially the upscale offerings.